removal of hydraulic pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Taffyrhys
My Cars:

removal of hydraulic pump

Post by Taffyrhys »

I need to remove the hydraulic pump to get at the sheared off aux pulley bolt. Does anybody have any tips to do this before i start the job at the week end. All the help is appreciated.

Is it better to fit the new auxillary pulley before i refit the hydraulic pump?

Cheers

taffyrhys
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi, not sure exactly which bolt has sheared... but if it is the auto tensioner, certainly on later TD xantias, you can caerefully drop engine on the one side to get this out.. (i.e. undo top RH engine mount, and lower the jack )
sorry if it's not relevant..

John
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The pump is easy enough to remove after disconnecting the pipes (use a 12mm flare nut spanner on the high pressure unions) but it's a very messy job as much LHM will spill.

As John says, to get the bolt out there should be no need to move the pump.

If you do find it won't come out then you'll have to have the whole casting off. This is easy enough after removing both the pump and alternator. The casting is bolted tho the block with three bolts, two being Allen bolts.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...