Anyone with ZX radio manual please help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXdanslamaison

Anyone with ZX radio manual please help

Post by ZXdanslamaison »

HI guys, (car is a '97 ZX 1.4)
I have a problem with my ZX radio (as do alot of other people!). I took it out and replaced it with a better one. However , now I have tried to re-install it and the thing refuses to work correctly. When I bought the car it did not come with a radio manual or code, but upon reinstalling I guessed that the code was the same as the immobiliser (1111). So far so good, but the radio asks for this code after every time I switch it on and more annoyingly there is a loud beep that repeats every 5 seconds no matter what station/tape your on. When the unit beeps the screen blanks and the music stops and then starts again.
I would be extremely grateful if someone who has a radio manual could check to see if this problem is covered anywhere. I suspect that the 1111 code may simply be a factory checking code for the radio and that the real one is something else.
Thanks for your time
Alistair
artj
My Cars:

Post by artj »

This happened to me.You should see COD in the lcd display when the ignition is switched on.Enter your code,which could well be 1111,they are very simple codes.Then press the top of the square tuning button(the upward pointing arrow.That solved my problem.Your citroen dealer may be able to get your code if 1111 is not the right one.
ZXdanslamaison

Post by ZXdanslamaison »

Thanks ArtJ,
I just tried that and "err code" came up, so I think I can assume that I don't have the correct code!
Has anyone ever had a Citroen dealer unlock their stereo? How much does it cost you and how long does it take?
Thanks
Alistair
ZXdanslamaison

Post by ZXdanslamaison »

Thanks ArtJ,
I just tried that and "err code" came up, so I think I can assume that I don't have the correct code!
Has anyone ever had a Citroen dealer unlock their stereo? How much does it cost you and how long does it take?
Thanks
Alistair
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if it is the original radio for the car and the code hasnt been changed before a citroen dealer should be able to get the code for you if you give them the chassis number.some radio accesory shops will also unlock them for you while you wait.about £10-£15.
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

If you have or can see the serial No. on the radio, you could try the website listed below and you may get the code you want on their forum.
http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi
Good luck
Sooty