Suspension LEvel Lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Suspension LEvel Lights

Post by boristhespie »

C5 110 hdi LX

Well all the suspension lights came back on and the car beeped this morning.

As some will be aware, I had this reccuring recently so took it to the garage £190 later the height sensors were changed. The dealer said this was what the problem was (They put it onto the Lexia)

I go away in 2 weeks so would like this sorted before then to make a worry free trip.

Anyone else know what this could be?

Should I get the garage who fitted the height sensors to check them?

I noticed it came on when I had my lights on and started flashing the main beam at some traffic lights (They change with this).

So could this be electrical?

Any clues would be appreciated.
C'est pas possible!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

You must have an LX without the centre display?

I wonder what the ones with the centre display would do in this situation, as they have pictures not lights.

Anyway, id take it back and get them to check it before you do anything else.

Have you had it on a Lexia to check for codes?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

They checked it on a lexia at the dealer and said it was the height sensors.

I took to another garage to do the work (the dealers mechanics were all going off on holiday) anyway they changed the sensors and had alook on their diagnostic computer (Bosch garage) they saw nothing.

The lights are little pictures of wheels at different heights on the far right of the dash.

They all come on and there is a double beep.

Re electrical Looking back at previosu post it was when I put the lights on that this occurred. Not all the time but I thought it a coincidence. So this morning was when I put the lights on again and flashed the man beam.

My dor window switch is out and wires hanging free not sure if ths may mix up electrics?
C'est pas possible!
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

What state is the battery in?
If there's any doubt about its condition, it's likely that this is the cause of the problem (extra load of headlights at tickover reduces the terminal voltage and upsets the computer systems).
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

took it to garage found fault codes for accelerator and something else not worried about..intreging one was *fault in egr or ecr*? the got computer to move car up and down. re battery when i bought it it had been sitting for 6 to 8 months.
C'est pas possible!
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

boristhespie wrote:took it to garage found fault codes for accelerator and something else not worried about..intreging one was *fault in egr or ecr*? the got computer to move car up and down. re battery when i bought it it had been sitting for 6 to 8 months.
That's not good unless they disconnected the battery while it still had a reasonable charge in it. If left connected I bet that it was flat after a couple of months and left standing the battery would deteriorate very quickly.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Suspension LEvel Lights

Post by wheeler »

Citroenmad wrote:I wonder what the ones with the centre display would do in this situation, as they have pictures not lights.
The display just displays the words 'suspension fault'
boristhespie wrote: I noticed it came on when I had my lights on and started flashing the main beam at some traffic lights (They change with this).
Thats a total myth, flashing your lights doesent really make the lights change. The little sensor boxes on top of traffic lights (which have mostly been done away with now in favour of induction loops in the ground) are heat sensors & detect the heat of your engine not flashing lighs.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

The faul was in the ECU.

How much does a new battery cost approx?
C'est pas possible!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Expect in the region of £80~90 for a decent one - I will check mine as I'm sure it is the original and see what the rating is - diesels need more oomph than petrols as they need to run the glowplugs as well as crank a cold engine so buying a cheapo could be a poor decision.

Varta Batteries

Exide Batteries for C5 Diesel

I can't make any sense of the Varta designations - at least none tally precisely with mine. The nearest seems to be the silver - E38.

Best price I van see is here:
http://www.dcbatteries.com/userimages/V ... 61740).htm *
£83 + £7 carriage.

*That URL will not resolve as it is, you need to copy and paste it into a blank tab then scroll down to the "VARTA SILVER DYNAMIC E38 (100)"
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Just to be claer, if you're sure that it was a fauty ECU, the battery may well be OK. My suggestion was that low battery voltage may have been upsetting ECU operation, but it's unlikely to have damaged it.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

dnsey wrote:Just to be claer, if you're sure that it was a fauty ECU, the battery may well be OK. My suggestion was that low battery voltage may have been upsetting ECU operation, but it's unlikely to have damaged it.
Very true, best to have the battery tested by someone who has a clue before spending money unnecessarily.
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

And if you know anyone with a Halfords Trade card (someone like me ;) ) then make sure you use that and get a Halfords battery. Things are nice and cheap with it - fully synthetic 5w40 oil, £38 or so normally, £18 on trade. Oil filters are £2-4 at most.. Very useful to have one!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

C5s do have pretty heafty batterys as the suspension pump works when the car is not running.

I think they are about £90ish for a decent one, usually.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10