new stereo xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom
My Cars:

new stereo xantia

Post by Synergietom »

Hi all i have just fitted the stereo i had into my xantia but im now left with quite a big gap around the unit doese anyone know if i can a facia plate to fit or even some kind of ashtray type thing to go underneath the stereo.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The dealer will almost certainly have something, as Peugeot had something to 'fill' the space when a normal unit was fitted in a 406 (and the same for the 306 too with its trapezoid shape hole)

I'd say give your Citroen dealer a quick call and see how much they are, from memory the Pug one's weren't much (I do not think the 406 one will actually fit a Xantia though) :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Thanks Andy allthough ive just been looking at Bass Junkies site and they whant £10 for the facia plate and another £25 for the steering wheel controle addaptor so i think ill be going there on wedensday to get them to fit it for me ( free fitting ) i might even be able to get them to take a look at popping speaker me as ive had a look and to honest it looks fine to me but then again speakers are pretty basic things and to honest there isnt really much that goes wrong with unless you put your foot through one.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Which radio do you have ?

Are you sure it can be remotely controlled from the steering wheel?

I put a radio CD in my Xantia some time ago but to find one which accepted steering wheel controls meant I hadto spend a lot of money. Basic models can't be controlled from the steering wheel.

I have a spare facia adaptor if it's any good to you. This may be all you need if your radio can't be controlled.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

yep facia plate about £4 on the bay.. compatible stereos. sony do at least 2, i think one is the cdx50>? and i have the mp40 in mine.. its a bit garish, but works fine off the wheel - i think i had to buy the apapter.. plays mp3 cd's :D and even comes with a remote so back seat drivers can mess about :twisted:
John

edit : series 2 xant
Martin Beevers
My Cars:

Post by Martin Beevers »

Synergietom wrote:i might even be able to get them to take a look at popping speaker me as ive had a look and to honest it looks fine to me but then again speakers are pretty basic things and to honest there isnt really much that goes wrong with unless you put your foot through one.
After time the rubber rings that are around the edge of the speaker cones perish. This causes the cone to move off center and give a distorted sound. I have repaired high end speakers before, but for standard units I would just buy new ones. If they are worth repairing you can find the kits on the bay.
95 Xantia 1.9TD SX - Now sold
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

thanks guys Kev its a warfdale not sure of the model but im sure it said in the manual that it shoud work from the steering wheel it seems to everything else ( Bluetooth etc ) exept roll a fag or pour the coffee. And thanks for the offer ill let you know what bassjunkies say im may be able to swindle a free one if they do manage to find a compatible lead.
john thanks for the tip i didnt think of looking on ebay a bit strange for me as thats ussually my first point of call.
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Synergietom,

To get an aftermarket head unit to work from the Xantia steering wheel controls you will need to get an adaptor from Halfords or the like, not sure what they cost now as I bought my unit a few years ago now, you should be able to pick one off Ebay too though along with the facia adaptor.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)