best zx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

ZX 2.0 petrol has a lot more torque than the 1.9 petrol. Acceleration of the 1.9 is a little better than the 2.0 but top speed of the 2.0 is higher. The fastest my ZX has gone is 180 km/h but had to slow down because I was way beyond the speed limit. I have never had chance to test the top speed.
louis1
My Cars:

Post by louis1 »

So how many miles can you expect from a petrol engines zx rather than a diesel? Also changing the subject slightly i have a 3.0 v6 24v Xantia and was thinking of getting a zx 16v. Has anyone driven both cars and if so what is the difference in becuase most figures say the both cars have same performance, is this right?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Am I the only person to hate the ZX[?]
Well ok hate is too strong a word i suppose, but certainly i dislike it. My TD shakes violently past 88mph (the speed required to activate the flux capacitor), the rear subframe clangs and bangs, the brakes (all new) are wooly, The MPG is ok, about 45 ish and i have this impending fear of doom if i have a prang in it, that i would be worse off.[xx(]
The only thing i do like about it is the fact that so far of the last 3 cars i have owned, non of my delinquent , psychotic patients have tried to steal it to go and do a little bit of shopping in.[V]
If i were you i would buy the latest plated 1.9 TD with full service history you can find,(air bagged)- but even then i would have to change the dreadfull seat too... Or am i the only one to find he looks and feels like a gorilla driving the ZX????
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Actally, if i <i>were </i>you, I would by a Xantia or Xsara HDi, but there you go....
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Well ok hate is too strong a word i suppose, but certainly i dislike it. My TD shakes violently past 88mph (the speed required to activate the flux capacitor), the rear subframe clangs and bangs, the brakes (all new) are wooly, The MPG is ok, about 45 ish and i have this impending fear of doom if i have a prang in it, that i would be worse off.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Marty
Sounds as if your ZX would be fine if the faults were sorted!
Subframe mounts come apart?
Maybe shaking is same cause (I cannot afford to do 88mph in UK!)
What on earth is a 'flux capacitor'? [?]
Brakes should be quite keen, albeit with a lot of pedal travel - were they pressure-bled?
If you have a prang in anything, you will be worse off - they are best avoided, and usually can be.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I had a 1.4 '92 carb Avantage & thats was a pain in the arse, it drank fuel like there was no tomorrow, mainly down to worn jets in the carb.
Now run a 1.4i '96 Elation, and thats soo muc better, although it gets a bit 'puffy' off of roundabouts etc - loads of noise, not much go - I'll have to empty the boot!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I have to agree with Jon.. The best ZX is the 1.9 TD 5 door Volcane..
I would love one but you can't have an auto box on a TD engine.. [V] So for me, top of the available auto range was the Aura 1.9D 5 door Auto.. [:)]
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

A flux capacitor is the core component of Dr. Brown's time traveling DeLorean. Only fitted to cars built in Belfast so they can reach the 21st century.
The flux capacitor makes time travel possible. It requires 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and is activated the moment the vehicle reaches 88 miles per hour.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Here's a picture of the flux capacitor fitted to my ZX, went forward to 2025 today to get the hover conversion done, the rear wheels steering is messing up the control at high altitude though. [:D]
If anyone has some spare plutonium to generate the 1.21gigawatts spare let me know, can swap for a Grays Sports Almanac 2000-2025
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I work with a guy who keeps taking spare relays and bits of wire home. We recon he's building his own flux capacitor.
Dave40
My Cars:

Post by Dave40 »

Getting back on topic I would say the TD in any guise is the best ZX with Berlingo brakes and power boost. Even without the mods I find my Avantage to be smooth, economical, reliable(so far, everything crossed!) and quick enough for safe overtaking, all at a bargain price. 'nuff said!
nickm
My Cars:

Post by nickm »

we've had a 1.9 volcane and a 2.0 volcane and found the 1.9 much sportier and seemingly quicker, the 1.9 always felt a bit tinnier but what a car for next to nothing--now i run a 1.9d for economy reasons but keep looking for a cheap 16valver