battery warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrbisc
My Cars:

battery warning light

Post by mrbisc »

Hi, just noticed that when i turn off ignition the battery warning light displays!! not sure why or how to remove it, i did replace some fuses other day as central locking/ interior lights were not working, will battery be drained if this light is displayed? Thanks
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Try this;

Put the key in the ignition and observe no battery light. Turn key to first position and observe battery light.

Is that what you get?

This is perfectly normal and is indicating that the first position provides ignition switched power to such things as electric windows, radio, cigarette lighter etc.
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

if the light is on with the key out i would guess that you've put one of the fuses in the wrong place (bridging power basically)

I'm assuming you have a xantia though....
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The other possibility is a missing or broken main engine earth lead (!) although with some other symptoms you would have with that, you would know straight away.

Unlikely causes are: a fault in the instrument panel itself (a short) , faulty ignition switch or internal short in the alternator (quite rare)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mrbisc
My Cars:

Post by mrbisc »

it appears to be fuse No30 that controls this light on the xantia, it goes
out once removed but light comes on when car is started. regarding the ignition switch if fuse is left in place it stays on until car starts then goes out-wierd :?