Xantia Height Controller Adjustment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dwthia

Xantia Height Controller Adjustment

Post by dwthia »

Spent the weekend replacing back plastic control unit but struggling to get correct height setting. Is it just a matter of moving the controll unit a few millimeters one way or other or is there a more sophisticated way

Thommo
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Thommo,

It's unusual any adjustment is needed when replacing a dogbone.

Is the height consistently out (i.e. from high to normal and from low to normal, does it always settle in the same place)?

If so then do an adjustment by loosening the clamp bolt attaching the extension that attaches to the white dogbone (11mm) around the Anti-Roll bar and moving it until the height settles in the correct place ( one fingers' width under the arch).

Bear in mind that it takes at least 20s for the height to properly settle due to damping in the corrector and to be sure the suspension needs to be taken to extremes of high an low a couple of times to settle everything.

If the height will not settle in one consistent place, you have excessive wear or stiffness in the height corrector mechanism. Deal with that first

Height adjustments are not easy to get right and needs a bit of practice. The most ideal place is on a proper ramp or over a pit. having one end on the ground and the other up on ramps is not ideal as the correctors don't settle quite the same as when all four wheels are level.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

firstly DO NOT PLAY WITH THE ADJUSTMENT WITHOUT ENOUGH SPACE UNDER THE CAR FOR YOU, WHEN THE SUSPENSION IS FULLY DOWN,

secondy do not adjust anything till all/both H/C linkages are fully feed off, as a seized H/C linkage can and will affect were the hight settle's,

if you plastic link/s had poped off your H/C mechanisum/s will be part or fully seized,

regards malcolm
dwthia

Post by dwthia »

Thanks Cahps

Will be back on the jack with the axel stands at the weekend - realise I just need a small amount of adjustment

Thanks for the help

Thommo
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you cant adjust either of the hights whilst the wheels are of the ground, because to set them you need to take mesurements from the sub frame to the exact point the tyres are sitting on (the ground),

that is if you have made 1005 certain the hight corrector mechanisum's fully freed off , otherwise they could be bindding and hollding the hight at the wrong point

regards malcolm