At last

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

At last

Post by Stempy »

Well I heard the sweetest sound at the weekend, a V6 bursting into life and so far running like a dream :D :D Smooth as a smooth thing that's been smoothed with it's nicely cleaned injectors.

Just the other 101 jobs left to do. While it was in bits I noticed another badly perished hose that will need replacing, not sure what it is though without further investigation. It appears to be attached to a steel pipe right at the bottom of the engine bay just in front of the passenger foot well and looks like a right sod to get at. Difficult to see where it leads off to without getting under the car.

I've got split hose paranoia now
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great news on the injectors Stempy :D

I know the pipe you mean. Don't even get me started on split and perished hoses :twisted: Too late, you already have!

That pipe will be the power steering return line and it's a right ballache to replace. It starts where you say and ends in a three way manifold of pipes into the LHM reservoir. It runs up the guide with all the rest of the pipes to the reservoir.

I replaced mine with a length of 5/16" fuel hose and joined it into the manifold near the LHM reservoir.

I hope you have little girly hands because they're needed for this job :roll:

Else that or the fingers of a bass guitar player :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim wrote
"I hope you have little girly hands because they're needed for this job"

is that soft or tinny Jim, ooooooh seems like a nice boy

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:is that soft or tinny Jim, ooooooh seems like a nice boy
Tiny Malcolm :lol:

My hands are seriously small for a bloke. I have trouble spanning three frets on a guitar. My 17 year old daughter has bigger hands than me!!!!

When working with V6s especially, those hands do come in useful :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

CitroJim wrote:Great news on the injectors Stempy :D

I know the pipe you mean. Don't even get me started on split and perished hoses :twisted: Too late, you already have!

That pipe will be the power steering return line and it's a right ballache to replace. It starts where you say and ends in a three way manifold of pipes into the LHM reservoir. It runs up the guide with all the rest of the pipes to the reservoir.

I replaced mine with a length of 5/16" fuel hose and joined it into the manifold near the LHM reservoir.

I hope you have little girly hands because they're needed for this job :roll:

Else that or the fingers of a bass guitar player :lol:
As it happens I play bass as well as guitar so I do have those sort of fingers.

Sounds like another fun job then, that and the track rod ends that will fail the next MOT if I don't change them.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm