Tuning Mod

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gammy leg
My Cars:

Tuning Mod

Post by Gammy leg »

Chaps,

Anyone ever used one of these??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUNING-MOD-CHIP-C ... 3a5a6f431f

Any good??

Gammy
2000 Synergie 1.9Td
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

Personally I wouldn't go near it. It probably just tricks the ECU into thinking the air intake is very cold, and make it inject more fuel (as most of these ebay "chips" do). Not good for the engine long term and won't make much difference performance wise.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

I'm looking to improve economy rather than boost performance.

Gammy
2000 Synergie 1.9Td
sportingfiat
My Cars:

Post by sportingfiat »

hi mate, ive got the van aaken tuning box fitted to my c5 110hdi

got it cheap from another froum so thought i`d give it a try and to be honest im quite impresed with it

it made a huge improvement to pick up and the car seems loads more powerful

the real goood news is its put my average consuption UP

not a lot but getting 2-3 mpg more so over a tank helps a bit
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

is it possible to tweek a Saxo with a DIS LEXIA 2, if so you could always drop by one day Gammy,

regards malcolm
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

citronut wrote:you could always drop by one day Gammy,

regards malcolm
I should really as your only up the road. I've just started back at work over in Peacehaven ( can you hear the banjo's ) so I'm not around during the daytime. Next time I get a bit of time off I'll pop over.

Gammy :)
2000 Synergie 1.9Td
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The fact that it only has two wires coming out of it makes me wonder quite what all the other chip legs are connected to. If you ask me it's a con, he's cleverly blurred the pic so you can't see what the chip is, could easily just be a resistor array.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, he rather gives it away by describing it as a "Silicone Chip"

Silicon is a semiconductor for making electronic devices but silicone is a rubbery substance for sealing baths and suchlike and only finds use in electronics for sealing purposes...

As said, steer clear!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

If you read carefully he tells you exactly what it is, it is the rubbish that piggy backs onto the inlet temp sensor/ inlet mass sensor to fool the ecu into thinking more air is getting into the cylinders than there actually is, this will increase fueling and in the case of petrols risk engine damage from 'bore wash' as a result of overfueling possibly damaging the cat through overheating as well.
The device will "Piggy Back" onto your IAT sensor lead and therefore you must be able to locate this . This is near the air intake / air filter. This is the safest place to connect this device.The sensor you connect to is 2 inches round and 2 inches long and has a plug with 2 leads.This chip mod connects to these too leads.Make sure you can find these.For diesel engines the device may be required to fit to the maf sensor
There are no shortcuts to increased power, a proper remap will give more power, slightly improved economy and better throttle response on some engines, the easiest engines to tune are of course turbocharged ones as you can increase charge volume without major mechanical alterations but changes to fueling and charge cooling would have to be made if your going mad.
The best tuning you can do to a car is a damn good service anyway, a slightly thinner oil will give better economy and top end power as will a clean air filter with a proper cold air feed to it, plugs, leads and injectors will also start loosing you power before a missfire from total failure is aparentt.

so, stay well clear of tuning boxes is what im trying to say :lol:

Good luck
D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

The best 'mod' for fuel economy is to drive (a well-maintained vehicle) more smoothly: -

Anticipate so that you do less brake-accelerate-brake; slow well in advance when you see lights against you. Keep a good distance from the vehicle in front. The whole idea is to drive at a more constant speed. As well as being good for fuel economy, this is good driving and is less wearing on car, driver and passengers.

Change up a bit earlier a rather lower revs - but don't make the engine labour.

Accelerate gently; drop your cruising speed by a few mph (without being a B nuisance to other drivers).

A good 'trick', is to try to complete every journey without braking (except when forced to by other drivers, STOP junctions and lights). But it's 'cheating' to substitute heavy engine braking for the brake pedal.

Here endeth the lesson :D
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Or you could always fit a smaller throttle body....................
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stempy wrote:Or you could always fit a smaller throttle body....................
Or fit a larger engine :lol: cc for cc the 3.0 V6 is the most economical of the lot :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have seen in the past these mod chip seller's listting there wears sutable for a 2CV,
i cant work out which ECU on a DERSH to fit one to, must be the flasher can or the head light relay's,

regards malcolm
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Don't waste your money with that ,It'll be junk.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Message Received. I won't be investing in one. :)

Gammy
2000 Synergie 1.9Td