Height Sensors?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Height Sensors?

Post by boristhespie »

URGENTLY NEED ADVICE

C5 HDi 110

Are the height sensors the things on the underside of the car which control height? The things on the antirollbar or is there more too it than that?

QUESTIONS

Does this need lexia to set heights gain or can any mechanic do it?

Will I do damage driving my car with iffy sensors until 8th of June?

Been quote £250 for replacement and garage can't do it until 8th June.

Sorry for the repost need a reply quickly in order to tell garage what to do.
C'est pas possible!
viorelovidiu
My Cars:

Post by viorelovidiu »

yes, are those things under car next to anti roll bar. they quoted you very expensive. here in romania I`ve paid 50Euros for one height sensor and take no more that 10 minutes to be replaced. Mine replaced for free.

If your car stays at normal height should be fine `till 8th of June. By lexia cand be adjusted but it`s a bit complicated as shown in a thread here.

They cleaned up your connectors for heights sensor? Sometimes they get dirty and data communication is getting erratic. any faulty messages on the screen?
Citroen C5 2005 2.2 HDI 136cp Exclusive BVA
EX: Citroen C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138cp Exclusive
EX: Citroen C5 2005 2.0i 143cp SX
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It does seem rather pricey. I believe that they are around £35 over the counter and as viorelovidiu says, they are simple enough to fit.

Why not try removing the connectors and spray them with contact cleaner. Replace but push then together and pull them apart a few time so ensure good contact. Hopefully that will cure it.

I use the RS stuff but it looks rather pricey - I must have been given it as a leaving present at a place I worked a while back :P
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Booked it into local garage. The parts are 28 quid each. Will be about £100 in total. I was charged 75 for the diagnosis.

They said 1.5 hours for fitting. I paid 37 Euros in France if I recall last time other car went bouncy.

They were pissed at me taking car away to new garage but what do they expect when they tell me I have to wait at least until June 8th.

To be honest if it is just this I will be happy and relived. I am at the stage now that I over react and when the last garage guy and I commented as the pump chugged away I though another big bill was coming.

Thanks for the help.
C'est pas possible!