zx water jet bottle motor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TehAgent
My Cars:

zx water jet bottle motor

Post by TehAgent »

Im taking it, ill have to remove the drivers wheel and wheel arch liner to gain access to this, seems not to function, cant even here it when trying to spray the window. rear works fine though? does it have to independent motors or just the one? if its just the one, I'm taking it, it will be the switch inside the steering column housing?

Well ok first problem of the new car lol.
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
KEB1

Post by KEB1 »

I had a windscreen washer problem on my '93 car a few years ago. It dumped the contents onto the driveway, which was nice. To gain access, I removed the wheel and wing liner, remove the fixings for the reservoir and pull it down enough to gain access to the pump. The only complication is that some of the fixing studs for the wing liner broke and I had to buy a bag of nearly the same replacements from the dealer, but they did the job.

On my car it is a single pump for front and rear and the problem on ours was the rubber seal at the base of the pump had failed and let the fluid out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kristian.
1993 ZX 1.4i Aura
1984 2CV6 Club
1972 Dyane 6

Past Citroens

1975 CX
1972 GS Club
the_weaver
My Cars:

Post by the_weaver »

On my ZX it's a single motor that serves both front and rear washers. You may be able to get away with just unclipping the rear part of the wheel arch liner and leaving it hanging from the front half. I would think there's enough room to put your hand up there and pull the pump out of the bottom of the washer bottle in the wheel arch. The pump comes out sideways towards the wing. It's just held by a rubber grommet and some electrical connections. The hole in the bottom of the washer bottle is about 1/2 inch diameter and you'll probably get soaked with the entire contents of the washer bottle when you pull the pump out. That's what happened to me. The pump works by rotating one way for the front washers and the other way for the rear washers. Not a good system. I think the voltage reverses for front and for rear. If you've got a meter you could measure the voltage and see if it switches polarity.

Paul