And after a long absence, I'm back with a new car yay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TehAgent
My Cars:

And after a long absence, I'm back with a new car yay

Post by TehAgent »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Just bought that little beauty from the bay for £230, slapped some tax on it and drove it home. once the brakes had worn in there was none of this judder that was mentioned in the add. and its even better than the add listing.

The photos don't do this car justice. clean is not the word. id go as far as to say that it looks like it just rolled out of the factory. no rust anywhere. the paint work is still very very good. interior is immaculate. everything works fun car to drive. loving it. it is the basic model, but hay less to go wrong, new exhaust, nearly new tyres, no rips or burns or anything (can you tell I'm very happy with it lol) didn't start first off due to no fuel and the seller panicked a bit. but once some fuel was in it. and the choke settled down. it was running smoothly.

who ever had it before looked after it very well indeed and I'm grateful. so now have a very nice car for little cash.

:D
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Wow that takes me back....i used to have a 5 door 1.4 ZX reflex in white with yellow trim when i was about 21. Great car and served me very well apart from the obligatory head gasket around 80K ...my very first Citroen that got traded in a couple of years later leading me to my first Xantia 8-)

If i recall it also had an appetite for cv boots :lol:

It did get driven quite hard though im afraid..... :oops: I was young(er) then :P

Congrats :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

vince wrote:Wow that takes me back....i used to have a 5 door 1.4 ZX reflex in white with yellow trim when i was about 21. Great car and served me very well apart from the obligatory head gasket around 80K ...my very first Citroen that got traded in a couple of years later leading me to my first Xantia 8-)

If i recall it also had an appetite for cv boots :lol:

It did get driven quite hard though im afraid..... :oops: I was young(er) then :P

Congrats :)
Im loving it. bit retro, bit fresh. not as high spec as my 300zx. but love it all the same.

I dont have to drive this one hard, i have the 300zx for stomping the local boy racers.

Good thing is, no problems to report as yet. im hoping this is going to work better than my xantia did. i had nothing but problems with my xant unfortunately.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

That does look like a very tidy ZX, especially inside. 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

and is that a carby job on there, none of this mono point rubish,

hope it dose not have the usual TU engine oil trace down the front face of the block just beside the cam belt cover, from head to block joint downwards,

although its an easy job to do on there engines,

regards malcolm
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Looks good on the top, but whats she like underneath?

ZX's do suffer badly from chassis rust and holes.. well worth a good inspection.

Ive got a 1994 L reg 1.9d in Black up for grabs soon! The owner wants to up grade to a newer, but smaller engine..

Ill advertise properly when available..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a lovely ZX Ian :D And great to see you, Tess and Wesley today as well!

It really does look immaculate...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

citroenxm wrote:
Ive got a 1994 L reg 1.9d in Black up for grabs soon! The owner wants to up grade to a newer, but smaller engine..

Paul
Interesting Paul :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

citroenxm wrote:Looks good on the top, but whats she like underneath?

ZX's do suffer badly from chassis rust and holes.. well worth a good inspection.

Paul
was one thing i looked for having acquired a rather rusty 300zx, late last year, but this is all good, no rust under it. no rust in the wheel arches, there is 2 bits of surface rust the size of a 2 p peace in the engine bay, and that's it. for its age i cant fault it lol

@Jim, was great to see you again also mate, been a while and zx really liked being amongst other Citroen's. going to keep this one in the condistion it came to me in. really is a very good example. and I'm loving the simplicity of it lol
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Very nice..i like the colour its not something you would see on the road everyday 8-) and the interior looks amazing :lol:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

The 1.4 petrol engine is cracker. Mine did well over 300k without a murmur. Never burnt a drop of oil and never lost any of of its nippy performance. Basic servicing is all it ever needed. Just remember to change the cambelt tensioner when you change the belt, the bearing may not survive an extended workout.

Gammy
2000 Synergie 1.9Td