Citroen c3 help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

garyrobertson

Citroen c3 help

Post by garyrobertson »

hi i have an 02 plate Citroen c3 which sometimes revs to 3000rpm but sometimes struggles to rev at all
upto now i have replaced the electronic accelerator pedal, the throttle housing, had the wiring checked and also sourced an ecu unit with the same s2pm number and got the codes changed over but still have the same problem.
at the end of my tether here as its costing me a fortune.
would anyone have had the same problem that i have had or even know what this problem could be
any assistance would be greatly appreciated
sarah dot robertson60 at ntlworld dot com is my email where i can be contacted directly

please please someone help
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Whereabouts are you? Have you had the ECU read by a Lexia? If so what were the fault codes?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
garyrobertson

Post by garyrobertson »

DickieG wrote:Whereabouts are you? Have you had the ECU read by a Lexia? If so what were the fault codes?
im in glasgow couldnt tell you if it was lexia what does this mean
monkfish
My Cars:

Post by monkfish »

could be the dreaded water in the injector i put my girl freinds c3 into a mane dealer to find out the nearly same fault could not find anything wrong till i looked on here and hay presto found out what was wrong
c5 2.2 hdi sx
xantia 1.8 sx
bx 1.9 gti 8v
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

garyrobertson wrote:
DickieG wrote:Whereabouts are you? Have you had the ECU read by a Lexia? If so what were the fault codes?
im in glasgow couldnt tell you if it was lexia what does this mean
Lol, bless ya, the Lexia is actually the official name for Citroen's diagnostic machine & isn't part of the actual car. If you take it to a main dealer they will almost certainly connect your car to the Lexia & then read any faults in the ECU's. If it's not running correctly then the most likely place to find a fault would be in the injection ECU, it's actually possible for the dealer to try a software download/upgrade direct into the injection ECU by using the lexia (if the software in the ECU is already uptodate it will not take a download) but as there are no actual parts involved it's not usually an expensive job & is usually quite easy for any main agent to do, having said that i might have tried doing a download first before replacing any parts so it may have already been tried.
Music keeps me going.
danielsydney
My Cars:

Post by danielsydney »

If it is an auto it can be unpredictable at times. Mine revs up and done and changes gears at strange times.It is teaching me.
C3 Automatic.
"la vie est belle"
"c'est elle que J'aime"
www.tvcitroen.com
www.renaulttv.co.uk
www.pubstv.com
"arive en France"