ANY ONE SEEN THESE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think we should all drive tin snail's, at least i can fix them!!!!!
TEA HE,

although i agree with Andrew the earlyer the hydraulic cit's the better the magic carpet feel is,

regards malcolm
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Thanks for the info Andrew,

It sounds as though I need to keep away from CX, my current addiction to hydraulics started with a Xantia and firmly took hold with the first XM. It's an addiction that's already cost me loads in terms of time and money.

Maybe one day a CX or GS/A will be on the drive.

Steve.
not applicable
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

CitroJim wrote:
andmcit wrote: Knowing what I do know now, I feel my past 10 odd years of Xm and
Xantia ownership were years I diverted my time and enthusiasm from
the true great Citroen models and in actual fact I should have gone
backwards and bought a D an Ami and a H van.
Just you wait until you get your Xantia V6 going Andrew....

We'll then have this conversation again :wink:
If it's anything like a V6 XM ................ he won't be able to get out of it and back into the CX quick enough. Talk about defining "mediocrity" .... Slow, use heaps of fuel, don't handle like they should, don't ride like they should, your head smacks against the sunroof (how can such a big car have no headroom ??), the brakes feel like sh!t with bouncy, bouncy springs under the brake pedal :shock: The steering is appalling, about 35 turns lock to lock :x :evil: WTF were they thinking when they made this car. Surely they must have realised every owner of previous Citroens would drive it around the block and just shake there head in dismay :?

seeya,
Shane L.
'96 Big BX 2.1TD exclusive slugomatic (aka XM)
'85 CX2500 GTi Turbo Series II (whoo hooo)
'96 Xantia VSX slugomatic (sold !!)
and of course, lots of old Citroens, slowly rusting away in pieces ;)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Wow, you really dont like Xms then!

Sounds like a pretty ropey thing you have driven if thats your impressions.

I disagree about everything you have said apart from limited headroom (estates have more). Handling for a large car is very good indeed, the ride is superb as long as its a well fettled one, brakes are also very good, ok maybe not quite as sensitive as older citroens but excellent non the less. And you can remove the spring under the pedal anyway, can you not?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Citroenmad wrote:Wow, you really dont like Xms then!

Sounds like a pretty ropey thing you have driven if thats your impressions.

I disagree about everything you have said apart from limited headroom (estates have more). Handling for a large car is very good indeed, the ride is superb as long as its a well fettled one, brakes are also very good, ok maybe not quite as sensitive as older citroens but excellent non the less. And you can remove the spring under the pedal anyway, can you not?
Nah,

I don't mind the XM at all .... I even still have one :) It's just a huge disappointment after the previous cars.

seeya,
Shane L.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DoubleChevron wrote:If it's anything like a V6 XM ................ he won't be able to get out of it and back into the CX quick enough.
Gosh, the CX must be one hell of a car then :D Makes you wonder, if they're that good, why they're not still in production..

Pleople tell me a V6 XM is a better car than a Xantia V6.

I really must go and try one...

It would be interesting to compare.

In short, I agree with you Chris :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I really must go and try one...
Well jim perhaps next year ill have one for you to try!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

CitroJim wrote:Gosh, the CX must be one hell of a car
Yes, GS too...
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

CitroJim wrote:
DoubleChevron wrote:If it's anything like a V6 XM ................ he won't be able to get out of it and back into the CX quick enough.
Gosh, the CX must be one hell of a car then :D Makes you wonder, if they're that good, why they're not still in production..
DIfferent is the word. The GS of course must be the most underated car of all time. CX have daravi fully powered steering with 2.5 turns lock to lock. The number of times the steering has allowed me to avoid an accident is countless. The car can move it's huge bulk in the blink of an eye when required very quickly. They have true center point steering... ie: road conditions have no effect on the steering wheel... Unlike the Xantia and XM with there s**t struts that'll veer all over the road.

With daravi steering there is no mechanical link between the front wheels and steering wheel in normal use... all the steering is done via hydraulics. It take getting used too, but cars with "Power assisted" steering and 35 turns lock to lock are bloody appalling to drive in comparison (eg: Xantia/XM).

CX's have lots of bodyroll.... But handles very, very well and ride very well. The XM has much less bodyroll and very mediocre ride quality in comparison.... There's not a hope in hell it could keep up with my CX turbo through corners ......................... well actually there not a hope in hell it could keep up with it anywhere under any circumstances. How can cars with huge V6 motors be so slow ?? It must be that slugomatic gearbox they stuck on them.... not to mention the 15mpg around town :shock:

Basically a CX is a CX, if you love XM's and Xantias and they way they drive, you'll probably hate a CX and find it near undrivable :) It even has things like brakes that work when you touch the pedal (rather than just compressing a spring :roll: )

seeya,
Shane L.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I owned a CX many moons ago and am currently on my second Xantia but I'd swap it for a CX in an instant (barring running cost that is). Nothing except the Granada came anywhere close to passenger space and comfort, it is also a true drivers car with ergonomic and intuitive controls, so easy to drive and stop, stylish etc - way ahead of it's time IMHO.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Shane wrote
"The GS of course must be the most underated car of all time"

just look at what the compatition was at the time

BL 1100 F**D E*C*R* ,

all the G's drive and feel like a bigger car than they actualy are, yet very agille,

regards malcolm