models of cars

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spliffy
My Cars:

models of cars

Post by spliffy »

can any of you boffins out there tell me which other models of cars share the same engine as a 2.0l t xantia 1998 and would take the ecu cheers any help would help me to find a new car as i cant find a replacement xantia
Spliffy
have owned : renault 21,mk1 megane 1.6 8v
currently own renault megane grand scenic ( 1.9 dci privelige )
currently own renault megane coupe 1.6 16v
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

There is one being broken in Hull on ebay i beliece. Look for a leather trim and he has the rest of the car breaking.

V reg silver estate 2.0turbo exclusive.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Spliffy, there'a an Activa going cheap in the FOR SALE section! Is that any good to you?
spliffy
My Cars:

Post by spliffy »

im in need of a road legal car asap and im wanting to put my ecu and lpg conversion onto it as my xantia has been written off so im wanting a citroen or peugeot with a 2.0l t xu engine i was just wanting to know what other models have that engine in cheers
Spliffy
have owned : renault 21,mk1 megane 1.6 8v
currently own renault megane grand scenic ( 1.9 dci privelige )
currently own renault megane coupe 1.6 16v
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Dont you dare suggest killing off an activa for parts on this forum ella !!! ;) :D

jim will be here soon banning your account lol!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

:oops: I didn't mean to suggest that, just thought spliffy could pop his mapped ECU in it and take it from there. I think he's limited in choice by having the CT engine but don't know for sure? 150hp stock, plus remap, plus Activa handling - would be a fool to butcher it IMHO.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Posted more info in the Peugeot section as saw a topic in there asking more or less the same.

In brief (check your topic in the Pug section though)

406 SRi (not that common, but ALL these have the 2.0 8v turbo unit), they did not make this model for long afaik. I used to have one to use (a P plate one, when it was new) :D , was great fun.

Early 406 2.0 exec's have the 8v turbo unit. Early = as in the first year or so I think of production. Later ones have the usual 16v n/a unit

Some 605's although I am not sure if this model was sold in the UK.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As well as the Pugs you mention Andy, the 2.0 CT also found a home in the XM, normally hooked up to an autobox. Not forgetting the 2.0CT Xantia Exclusive Estate of course. Activas without rams :lol:
KP wrote: jim will be here soon banning your account lol!
Mike, if you were not such a valuable member of this forum, your account would be toast buy now for even thinking of such a thing :twisted: :wink: :lol:

All I can say is it's a good job Andmcit did not see your comment...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

:hole: .....
This is where the trouble will start, auto's have a specific map and so do manuals, i also know there were several ecu types for the TCT, the main ones were adapted for odb then odb1 and i think 2 aswell and in between there were some changes. care must be taken.

D

Im loving the vast array of smilies by the way, should be forum rules that these are used at least daily :bouncy: :dom: :rant2: :saber: , although im not sure how you could fit them into the average convo mind............
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............