Synergie RP number location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

khand
My Cars:

Synergie RP number location

Post by khand »

I need to find the RP no on my Synergie, as there are a number of options for part numbers for one item.
Servicecitroen has not got the number recorded.
I cant find anything left inner wing / strut top.

Have you got a Synergie, about 1998?

Where's the RP no on yours please?

Regards

Kevin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you looked on the tyre presure lable as thats ere it is on XANTS,

or why dont you just type in your chassis/VIN No. into the box on the top of the first screen after the login page, this will/should only give parts specific to your car

regards malcolm
wheels nut
My Cars:

Post by wheels nut »

The Citroen mechanics handbooks show the RP number as being on the right hand side strut top or somewhere close. As I recall I do believe these were just stenciled on in paint ..
Models made after 01-02-99 had the RP number on the passenger side A post along with the Tyre pressures and the paint code

What part are you looking for ?
khand
My Cars:

Post by khand »

I'm looking for a brake pipe front right (master cyl to F/R flexi).

Its either 4810 C1 or 4886 T6. The price is right, compared with the potential grief making one up caused by the number of bends. I might just order both and be done so as to get the job on the road again.

It appears to be fitted with a 4548 35 Pipe 4way union, but that don't really narrow it down much (Puts the RP Since 07481 until 09022 )

I will no doubt encounter many more RP dependant parts in the years to come, so best I try to find it somehow. The local dealer had access to more database than Service citroen, but still not found. If I knew what caused a change at RP 08428 I could check for presence of changed item and perhaps narrow it down slightly. I've emailed Citroen with the VIN to see if there are any other perhaps manual records, but I expect a reply to take till a fortnight next doomsday.

When you say 'right' strut top, is that mechanics right looking at it or the cars right driving it?

Thanks for the replies so far Gents
Regards
Kevin
wheels nut
My Cars:

Post by wheels nut »

The mechanics handbook shows the diagarm of the vehicle looking from above and does show it to be on the right hand side of the vehicle next to the suspension top .. It does also show that on later models they started using a sticker with the numbers on, and this is shown to be on the A Post on the left hand side of the vehicle.

If it helps you any.. they did a face lift version of the synergy that changed at RP number 8001..mainly cosmetic changes to revamp the look

I should have also mentioned….
If you become a member of yahoo groups and join the following group...
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/C5-L/files/
Look in the files folder and the 12th file down is listed C5 and synergie mechanics handbook in pdf format download this and look on page 9... This shows the positioning of the RP numbers on the synergie model..
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

when ever i order parts for customers cars via my local citroen dealer he only asks for the last 8 digits of the chassis/VIN No.,

they never ask for the RP No. ,

if you send me your chassis No. i will check with that,

also O/S = right side
N/S = left side

these are when sitting in the car and is usualy what parts shops and dealers refer to

regards malcolm
wheels nut
My Cars:

Post by wheels nut »

Looking futher into the RP number..
The number you quote 8428 was for vehicles made on the 16th december 1999..
you asked for vehicles around the 1988 year.. the rp numbers for that year start at 7724 for the 1st january 1998 ( they didn't work that day but the number was still on the list ) up to 8088 for the 31st december 1998

If anyone is interested in making an RP list the numbers i have start at 01-01-1980 RP number 1149.. all you do is add a day onto the date and add a 1 onto the RP number.. always remebering that its 366 days in a leap year

If my maths are correct then the following RP numbers should be correct
01/01/1981 1515
01/01/1982 1880

Up until the present year..
01/01/2010 12107

Worth remembering... the rp was the date of manufacture not the date of registration.. Some cars may have been stood around a while before registration
khand
My Cars:

Post by khand »

Most interesting re the date / rp number relationship.
I managed to get 'Into assembly' date from a Citroen UK phone help, and calculated an RP of 08018.
I have subsequently had (eventually) a reply to email to Citroen, and the records show 08020. The couple of days could be awaiting out inspection or similar.
I am much obliged to forum members in reaching a very satisfactory conclusion in this matter, Gentlemen, Thank You.
Still not found it stencilled anywhere though!

Regards

Kevin