Lexia question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Lexia question

Post by JamesQB »

Hi,

Just wondering if the chinese lexia 3 allows you to reset the ECU - by that I mean put it back into learning mode or forget what it's learnt, etc.

Reason I ask is because one day I want to get one to do the C3 with, especially since I can't seem to find the legitimate method for resetting.

Some say disconnect the battery for 24 hours. Some say disconnecting the battery does nothing.

Citroen dealer said he thinks you just drive it for lots and lots of hours and that anything which has changed is adapted to.

Haynes manual says you start learning mode by driving in third gear at 1000rpm (no time specified to hold it there) and then increase revs to 3500rpm (no time specified to hold it there). Regarding this Haynes advice...have you ever tried 3rd gear at 1000rpm??? Not only is it close to stalling, trying to then accelerate upto 3500 from 1000rpm takes approximately 2 years!

Just curious about it...
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Depends what car eira, what engines!

The Turbo 2.oi Petrol ECU's reset, and need to do a learning process, but Im not sure about HDi's..

Ive got a Lexia 3 C but not looked into ECU resetting, infact, Im wanting to find out if it will uncode or unlock a HDi ECU for me, or do I need to send it away to someone to do it for me...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Depends on the ECU fitted to the car, On some there is the option to 'initialise auto adaptives' . On some ECU's its just a case of pressing the button & on others lexia will guide you through the rest of the procedure like driving in x gear at xx RPM etc. It should be done every time something like oxygen sensors, throttle position sensors, injectiors & EGR valves etc are replaced.
Ive got a Lexia 3 C but not looked into ECU resetting, infact, Im wanting to find out if it will uncode or unlock a HDi ECU for me, or do I need to send it away to someone to do it for me...
Lexia cant do this unfortunately.