hydraulic fluid reservoir

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

walshy
My Cars:

hydraulic fluid reservoir

Post by walshy »

xantia 19td 1984 hi all fluid reservoir leaking fluid from top. fluid replaced,filters replaced,new rubber seal on top of reservoir replaced,level ok (not over filled)[?]any ideas guys many thanks pete
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Leaky return hose? Dont know about Xantia but on BX one (think PAS) has a clip on it and mine is one of those strange wind up jobs so beloved of the French.
Jeremy
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Where exactly is the fluid leaking from - one of the pipes or from the lid? If it isn't over-full now, was it over-full before the change to new LHM?
walshy
My Cars:

Post by walshy »

it's leaking at the top, around the seal. The pipes appear to be ok. It is not over filled. Could it be over-pressurised. Citroen advised me to remove the straw from the filter which I have done; before this though, it didn't leak. Thanks pete
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

Mine is just the same. I think it is only the seal at the top that doesn't seat very well. It can't overpressurise because there is a breather, and the top doesn't sit on tight enough to hold pressure. I believe it is the fluid slopping around inside and finding its way between the housing and the seal. It only shows as an oily patch, and has never shown any signs of losing a significant amount of fluid. Annoying though.