LHM return line tubing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

LHM return line tubing

Post by Edhertz »

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on some LHM resistant flexible rubber tubing? The return lines are cracked and perished on the suspension legs on my Xantia Exclusive and must be replaced soon ( haven't looked at the hyd tank end yet!). Guy on OssieFrogs says he uses fuel hose but sounds a like it could be a wee bit too ridgid for what I want. This was a common problem on my BX GTi but I managed to keep things going by frequent trips to scrap yards but this source is gradually drying up. Cheers for looking
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ed, if you mean the front strut leakage return pipes with the integral "foot", they are available from GSF:

453PC0590 RETURN PIPE XANTIA FRT STRUT RETURN PIPE

Otherwise as our colonial cousins advise, fuel line is fine and if you choose carefully, it need not be over stiff. Use line rated for unleaded fuel.

I've had silicone hose on test in a jar of LHM for a month or so now and that's nicely resistant to LHM. That can be very flexible!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Silicon tubing suggestion

Post by Edhertz »

Thanks for reply and suggestion. Makes sense to me; I'll give it a go, with a slightly longer operating length to aid flexibility and report back after the mists of time have cleared,
Cheers