MAJOR Synergie dash problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ally6969

MAJOR Synergie dash problem

Post by ally6969 »

Hi all
My brother has just bought a W reg Synergie 2.0i with the understanding that the only bit that didn't work was the petrol gauge.
Now the whole dash has stopped working and even the middle heating etc dash bit.
Now the garage is trying to get a whole new dash or instrument panel which has become impossible to find.
Does anyone know if it could be anything else or what the part number for the dash is or where I can get one.

Thanks !
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Check all fuses, you may find its something silly such as the instrument panel feed fuse has gone.

I'd expect to find this one inside the passenger compartment rather than being with the 'main' heavy fuses under the bonnet, although it is worth checking these too anyway really.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ally6969

Post by ally6969 »

yeah think they checked all fuses not sure about engine compartment ones i presume the garage isn't that bad !
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

I don't know about the Synergie however the C5 panel can be checked using a Lexia I would have thought the same would be true of the Synergie.... but I could be wrong.

EDIT

Having thought about this a little more if this is a multiplexed car similar to the C8 then how do you know that the problem is the panel and not the BSI which drives the panel???

Cachaciero
Last edited by cachaciero on 20 Apr 2010, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

At W plate, its (probably) not multiplexed (I am not 100% sure though) as you are near the changeover year.

If you are sure its not a fuse its best to double check them, occasionally one can appear OK, best to take one out and check it and then put it back (one at a time) its still worth checking the engine compartments ones too, this vehicle may have a separate feed for the dash loom.

It could be a relay I guess, or a break in a feed in the dash loom (less likely) I do not think it will actually be 'difficult' to fix (assuming non multiplexed), although diagnosing and locating the issue will be the hard part.

If it is multiplexed, if the vehicle has had a windscreen recently, its not unknown for water to enter the BSI and cause this kind of problem, although that is not very common either.

Just throwing a few of my ideas for you as its difficult to say for sure, but hopefully they will put you on the right track. :)

EDIT... Fixed a couple of typo's , was rushing typing this.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG