TUD5 timing belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

TUD5 timing belt

Post by spider »

Saxo 1.5D / 106 1.5D

Having seen one changed ages ago without undoing the vernier's on the cam / pump pulleys, what's the 'correct' procedure for these please ? :)

To be fair, the one that was done 'XUD' style as it were ;) , is still running 40K later so it could not of been too bad to ignore them, (I suppose you could say the same for the DW8 as I think this has these 'vernier' pulleys too, but I am not sure, not really had chance to see one yet)

I have not seen a TUD5 (not 1.4, lets not go on about that unit, its not very nice) guide floating around anywhere, which is a surprise actually.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

cant remember how to change the cam belt,

but i do have a brand new OE old stock TUD5 lump still on the pallet it came from the factory on, this is not a re/coned unit and it is for sale at the right price

regards malcolm
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

The Saxo engine's belt is the easiest I've done. No crankshaft bolt to undo. Just the four small bolts to remove the pulley. Line up the hole in the flywheel and insert an 8mm bolt through the camshaft sprocket and pump sprocket. Note the holes are elongated. When fitting the belt the two sprockets should be turned fully clockwise to the end of the holes. Start fitting from the crankshaft and turn the injection pump anti-clockwise by only one tooth to enable the belt to seat properly.

You'll need a square section to adjust the tensioner. The sprocket pulley bolts should just be hand tight as you tension the belt.

2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

JohnD wrote:Note the holes are elongated. When fitting the belt the two sprockets should be turned fully clockwise to the end of the holes. Start fitting from the crankshaft and turn the injection pump anti-clockwise by only one tooth to enable the belt to seat properly.
Thanks John. That's what caught my mind, the sprockets were 'adjustable' (for want of a better word) compared to the XUD's...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG