Is it easy to fit cruise control to 03 C5 LX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Is it easy to fit cruise control to 03 C5 LX

Post by boristhespie »

The questions in the heading.

How much too?
C'est pas possible!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Id like to know the answer to this too.

It used to be around £120 for the dealer to fit it, however that has no doubt gone up now.

Main price would be for the stalk, you could fit it yourself and then get it programmed.

To fit it you would need to cut.file a hoile in the plastic trip and the new stalk just plugs into the comms2000 unit.

Anyone actually fitted it themselves and knows how?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Same engine on my Berlingo Multispace and had a dealer do the fit by way of adding the stalk and reprogramming the ECU via a Lexia, it worked a treat :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I've fitted one to a Xsara Picasso about a year ago which may be a very similar set-up, these have a pre-marked cut out on the steering column shroud which is easy enough to remove, you'll have to remove both sections of the steering column shroud (held in by 2 torx 20 screws) as the comms unit usually has a blanking plug (grey i think) in the position/place you'll be fitting the stalk. Fitting the stalk is easy but you'll need the bsi programming which is a dealer job. You should be ok fitting one to a c5 although I've not tried to on one of these.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

i fitted one to my 02 c5 a few weeks ago.
you need the stalk, the red brake switch and the plastic ring it sits into,
then get it activated with a lexia, it needs to be activated on the fuel pump.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

PArt numbers and cost? Including having to go to,,, cough,,,,splutter,,,,dealer (boo hiss)
C'est pas possible!
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

I don't know what the part numbers are i bought a unit off ebay with indicator and wiper audio and cruise stalks,
and another lad was selling the red brake switch along with the normal one he didn't know what the red one was for,
the one thing i had to get was the nylon ring that goes onto the metal bracket to hold the red switch,
it was quite easy to fit the bits, the brake switch was easy i had someone tip the brake while i felt when the switch was open,
the stalk control was easy two torxs and the bottom of the steering colum is off, one the inside there is an outline of what needs to be cut out, i did it with a stanley knife,
the stalk just pushes in once the blank is removed,
i got a lad with a lexia to enable cruise control on the fuel pump and that was it works perfectly, my previous car was an e200 and it was the first car i had with cruise control i just to have it when it was so easy to do.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

i had someone tip the brake
eh????
C'est pas possible!
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

the brake switch is on the passenger side and the switch is needed to disengage cruise control so i wanted the switch on without having to dance on the pedal, so i had someone tip the pedal while i adjusted the switch