picasso electric problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bordercars

picasso electric problem

Post by bordercars »

i have a 54 plate picasso 1.6 hdi, this fault has happened once before 2 weeks ago, just went and no problem till today.
the central locking will not work, key in ignition , no display to all intent flat battery, several electric items work on thier own, int light, side lightsas soon as you go for more 12v useage it is completely dead. when it happened 2 weeks ago once running i checked and got 13.5 across the battery, there has been no sign of the battery going down. could it be keyfob? or any other ideas, please.
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

If the problem occurs when the battery is under load, I would suggest cleaning and tightening of the battery connectors as a good starting point.

Keith
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

has anything been spilled on the dash ? Those little rubber mats in front of the steering wheel look like the ideal place to sit your can of coke/bottle of water/cup of coffee but unfortunitely there are holes underneath the rubber mat which are cleverly located right above the BSI so guess where anything spilled up there goes ? Might be worth taking the BSI & having a look for any sings of spillage.
The BSI controlls most of the inerior electrics on the car by the way.
bordercars

Post by bordercars »

problem sorted.

i checked all the usual connections for corrosion, poor earth etc, but no joy, as im not fully mobile i cant get round cars like i used to so put into my local auto electrics. solved same day. £35. so wasnt much
it turned out to be on the nearside just under the main power box there are several wires all meet and cross each other, there is a block connector and it was where the wires crossed the corrosion had occured, the guy said it was a bit fiddly finding it but once spotted an easy repair.