Xantia Wash/Wipe Malfunction

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leithant
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Xantia Wash/Wipe Malfunction

Post by leithant »

Hi,
Until recently I had problem where every now and then when I flicked the wash/wipe the front AND rear wipers would start but no action from the wash pump. Unfortunately this has just become permanent.
Anyone have any idea where would be the first place to look for a cause?

Thanks,
Leith
06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
95 Peugeot 306 S16
95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased :-(
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Can you hear if the pump runs? If not then check for power to the pump terminals. If there is power but no movement it would look like a new pump.
If the pump runs but no water at the jets then clogged water lines are the most likely cause.
leithant
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by leithant »

Thanks for the reply, but I think the key is that the REAR wiper goes on as well when it's not working, which isn't meant to happen. My presumption is that some connection is shorting somewhere or something.

It came good again this weekend, but this was by far the longest stretch it has malfunctioned. I also have a similar issue with the A/C not coming on sometimes, until I hit a sharp bump and it comes good and starts blowing cold again.

I thought both the issues happened concurrently, however I now find it is not always the case, although I'm still suspicious they are somehow related.
06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
95 Peugeot 306 S16
95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased :-(