Synergie HDi running on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

racingraymond

Synergie HDi running on

Post by racingraymond »

My 2001 Synergie HDi has just presented with a problem,when I switch off the engine it runs on for a couple of seconds before finally stopping,the engine management light is also on.I have only had the car a couple of weeks so dont really know the history of it.Any ideas on what might be the problem.
Thanks
Ray
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

It'll be down to a fuel pressure fault, try cleaning the connection on the fuel rail pressure sensor and the fuel pressure regulator, its also worth removing the pressure regulator to check for any metal swarf collecting on it (the regulator is found on the end of the pump).
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
racingraymond

Post by racingraymond »

Is it ok to drive as it is or will I cause damage ?
Thanks for the reply :)
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

racingraymond wrote:Is it ok to drive as it is or will I cause damage ?
If the fault is what I think it may be then I imagine that the ECU will be running in limp home mode (reduced power), you may be able to drive it like this for some time but I can't imagine the fault will improve which may leave you stranded, or if there is evidence of metal swarf on the pressure regulator then potentially fatal damage could be caused to the high pressure pump and injectors (very expensive). A judgement call for yourself really, how long is a piece of string?

Checking the connection on the fuel rail can be done within a few minutes, if only by wiggling it you may temporarily solve the problem.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
racingraymond

Post by racingraymond »

DickieG wrote:
racingraymond wrote:Is it ok to drive as it is or will I cause damage ?
If the fault is what I think it may be then I imagine that the ECU will be running in limp home mode (reduced power), you may be able to drive it like this for some time but I can't imagine the fault will improve which may leave you stranded, or if there is evidence of metal swarf on the pressure regulator then potentially fatal damage could be caused to the high pressure pump and injectors (very expensive). A judgement call for yourself really, how long is a piece of string?

Checking the connection on the fuel rail can be done within a few minutes, if only by wiggling it you may temporarily solve the problem.
Thanks,I wont drive it.When you say there maybe a problem with the connection on the fuel rail sensor,do you mean that the wiring connection is not very good then it sends faults to the ecu resulting in the problem ?
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

racingraymond wrote:When you say there maybe a problem with the connection on the fuel rail sensor,do you mean that the wiring connection is not very good then it sends faults to the ecu resulting in the problem ?
In a word "Yes", ideally remove the connector from the sensor and take a look for corrosion/clean as much as possible then squirt some electric contact cleaner into both ends prior to refitting.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
racingraymond

Post by racingraymond »

I have taken the pressure regulator off the pump to clean it but am unsure how it comes apart,any ideas ?
racingraymond

Post by racingraymond »

Any ideas :?: