Alarm always going off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seisporting

Alarm always going off

Post by seisporting »

Hi Guys

Well, the alarm has now decided to enhance mine and my neighbours sleep patterns by spuriously setting itself off.
Whilst this was fun for a day or two and gave me plenty of exercise, its now got a bit dull.
All doors closed properly, bonnet switch where it should be and not on the cock, boot closed correctly, no spiders anywhere to be found.
Is there any way to tell what is setting it off other than taking it to a dealer for the last activations to be read?
Or just a way to turn it off? The button doesnt seem to always work as it goes off even if that has been pressed and lit up.
Oh and the battery was checked quite recently on a midtronic tester and came up as good battery.

Thanks
Liam
2004 C5 mk2 2.0 16v HDI 138
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Was always a very common problem on the Xantia.

It's either the ultrasonic sensors are dying or there is damp in the alarm module. I'd suspect the former.

Try setting the alarm with the ultrasonics disarmed and see if the problem goes away. Not sure how to disarm the ultrasonics in a C5 but I suspect there'll be a button you press for a period of time just before locking up. I'm sure a C5 owner wioll soon explain how...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Mine had a bout of this a few weeks ago , eventually discovered that the passenger side front window was not fully closed !! It was only by a few mm but any wind was enough to trigger the alarm.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

I have this problem if I lock with the plip. Is it difficult to change the sensors,or is their some way to disconnect them other than the button on the dash?

Keith
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

Well boys and girls,
Today (well yesterday) i learnt an important lesson.
Never, ever trust electronics. Ever.
The all singing all dancing midtronics tester which said my battery was just aces in its book, was truly wrong, as i found out whilst parked up at the bottom of a somewhat large hill. On a cul de sac. :evil:
No charge in the battery at all, wouldnt even turn over, just clicked.
New battery for £75 and all is well, a good nights sleep due to no alarm going off, car felt much perkier to drive as well today ( i guess the ecu is re learning) No drain as had an amp clamp on car all last night, .02 amps been drawn.
And all is well.