2006 C5 VTX+. Low washer fluid level. Does it have one?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bencowell

2006 C5 VTX+. Low washer fluid level. Does it have one?

Post by bencowell »

Does anyone have a (revised shape nose) C5 in VTX+ trim? Do you get a warning of low screen wash fluid?

I'm sure mine used to give a warning, then it would tell me the level was low every time you used the washers, dealer "fixed" it and now it never says it is low.

The head mechanic says that model doesn't have a low screen wash level warning. Could someone confirm if theirs does please? I'm sure it used to.

Thanks
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Did you get the alarm every time you screen washed even when the bottle was full? If so, I bet the dealer has used his lexia to disable the alarm.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Yes, top up the screenwash and within 2 or 3 squirts the warning came. I never checked the front bumper bolts to see if it had been removed!
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mine comes up with the warning when it is around ¼ full, along with the service light, each time it is used until refilled.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I know the Mk1 SX did (I used to own one and the new owner loves it as much as I did!), but I specifically need to know about others with the VTX+ so I can chuck it back at the dealer.

It's a minor feature but really useful. I never ran out of screenwash in the SX becuase it had a big enough reserve after the warning light. I know I could top up more often, but it's the little features that make the C5 so easy to live with.

Ben
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

bencowell wrote:I know the Mk1 SX did (I used to own one and the new owner loves it as much as I did!)

Ben
Yes i do! Ive just done 700 miles in it this week touring around Scotland with lots of luggage, 3 people and 3 bikes on the back. It went superbly, returning 45MPG even with all of the weight, drag and lively driving! 122K miles and going very nicely. The MAF went faulty a few weeks ago, so ive got a genuine on and its back to normal again. Apart from that it just goes and goes!

Bit mucky:

Im not sure if your VTX+ has this, I have a 2005 spec brochure (should have a later one somewhere but cant find it) which says VTR and Exclusive models have it. Our 05 VTR facelift has the washer fluid warning, so i wouldnt have thought it be removed on later years, and VTX+ being a higher spec i would think yours will have this feature.

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10