door locked

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sijrayner
My Cars:

door locked

Post by sijrayner »

latest problem pls help. near side rear door will not unlock. it seems the central locking mechanism is not functioning on this door. i have had the inner door off but cannot release the lock. i have also removed the door hinge pins but as the door is fully locked i cannot even remove the door to check the lock. if anyone has any ideas how to remove the door or release the lock so i can at least use the door please help.
tks.
why oh why did i buy a C5.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

This thread may help Mr. Rayner...

It was a front door in this case but should be the same for the rear ones.

Getting to be a fairly regular problem now...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I dealt with this problem on a friends C5 a year or so ago it due to a problem with the child lock, anyway I sorted it by removing the door card and reaching inside the door to the lock mechanism where I tripped a lever which opened the door.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

SNAP!

Had this also twice on a C5, and it was everytine the child lock was used, if the Child Lock was not used it never caused a problem.

I also removed the door card, then with a light if you look at the LOWER side of the lock you can see the back end of the "Red" dial thats used to activate the child lock from the outside..

You can then see the rod it moves, you can then De-Child lock the door and it should open.. its apparently a common problem, and always the rear drivers door...

Some of the mechanisem is hidden behind a black plastic cap, that doesn't really need to come off...

Regards
Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto