Hydraulic line leaking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I did have the same pipe fail most unfortunatly at a rally last year!

I got martin to make me a pipe with a large coil in it, whilst this pipe works fine, the steering does pulse a bit and the noise is transmitted into the car.
However it was a cheap fix that worked great, and is still working fine!

The old pipe leaking is here Image

Good luck in fixing it!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
seany87
My Cars:

Post by seany87 »

It was the pipe at the very front, in front of the one with the coil in it.... not sure what it does though.
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Call me stupid, but what exactly is the point of the coils of pipe, is it to dampen pulses of high pressure fluid so it doesnt wrench the pipes??

Cheers.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Coils only make an otherwise rigid pipe flexible Dom, in being flexible, they can withstand but but not damp or isolate vibration. You find coils wherever a rigid pipe makes a transition from a fixed to a movable object, typically from engine to body and body to rear trailing arms. You will see there are no flexi lines to the calipers at the rear. Coils in the pipes take their place.

A rubber pipe (as in the PAS ram supply) will provide flexibility, vibration isolation and a degree of pulse damping.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
scoles

Post by scoles »

off to the hydraulics company that we use at work tomorrow and if they cant do anythying with it then its back to the dealers :(