C5 multifunction display

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Julz
My Cars:

C5 multifunction display

Post by Julz »

should you be able to access the set menu at any time or only when the ignition is first switched on?

When I turn the ignition on, it shows up with English and I'm able to scroll through all the other languanges but nothing else. Think the LH button must be dodgy
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Yes, the menu must be accessible whenever the display is lit, and that includes the key’s accessory position.
If the left button was stuck, it would still return to a full display a few seconds after turning the key.

It looks like there’s derangement in the electronics.
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it, and give it another minute to sort itself before touching anything.
You will lose the trip values and radio settings, but all the rest will be back in its place.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
Julz
My Cars:

Post by Julz »

looks like it must be a dodgy button, the display has now got a mind of its own flashing up English from time time and occaisionally scrolling through all the setup pages.
It's very hard for me to access the menu to make any changes, but at least I've got it showing the correct time & date.

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the display on the LX to the one with more functions, (fuel consumption, mileage to refuel,etc) or does the car not have the neccesary sensors etc?