fitting a new wire for fog lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

miggy24
My Cars:

fitting a new wire for fog lights

Post by miggy24 »

Hi all as some of you know i had someone crash in the side of me so i had too fit a new bumper(2nd hand).Anyway the new one came with fog lights and i want to wire them in but can anyone tell me where i can feed a wire from as iv looked at the bulk head and i can see anywhere to push one in or will i have to drill a hole.Thanks
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

First you need the auxiliary foglight harness that clips into the back of the bumper (unless you have this part already). It jumps from one light to the other and has a third green male plug for hooking into the main loom.

Now remove the splash shield on the nearside and look near your horn for a factory foglight plug. It's a green female plug with a pale blue wire, and a yellow wire with green trace. Don't confuse it with a spare white plug (second horn) or blue plug (cruise control).
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Hi Miggy,

I was undfer the impression that all Xantias came with the loom pre wired. Volvos do the same.....I might be wrong though?

Have a look for anything clipped up inside the front of the front wings if that makes sense. Also try pulling out the switch blanks ont he right have side of the steering wheel...if you find a multiplug then you know there is a loom somewhere....if that exists yet no engine bay loom to fogs exists then you should be able to get one from a scrapper?
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
minty

Post by minty »

Hi please can anyone confirm if they do have the prewired loom??.
Im in exactly the same situation in that my lovely new Xantia has had the front bumper replaced with a bumper with fogs.
Thanks again Minty
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Series 2? If so, the foglight connector is there. You'll need a new stalk.
minty

Post by minty »

addo wrote:Series 2? If so, the foglight connector is there. You'll need a new stalk.
Hi no its a 1995 19td , Thanks Minty