Sphere price rip-off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hswift
My Cars:

Sphere price rip-off

Post by hswift »

Just bought an anti-sink sphere from my local GSF for less than twenty-two quid. It is identical to the old one in every way and came in a Citroen box, so it's what the main dealers would sell. How on earth can they get away with charging seventy quid or more?
Doddle of a job by the way. Took me longer to knock up a removal tool than to change the sphere.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Well that's Citroen dealerships for you - but they're no worse than any other main dealer. I wanted a drive belt for my 2.1 Xantia so I rang the local Cit parts dept and gave them the number off the old belt. That wasn't any good - he wanted the vehicle VIN number. I gave him that, only to be told it was £19+VAT but he didn't have one. After five days he still hadn't got it. I went to my little one man accessory shop armed with the belt number at 9.30am. He didn't have one but could get it by mid-day. One Bosch belt, £12.50.
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

I used to work for a manufacturer of parts for the motor trade. We sold a power steering pipe to one of the big motor companies them for 47p, and they then retailed it for £11.95
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

Hi,went to a citroen garage for a ZINGING sound from my clutch fulcrum arm, all it needed was a tighten up of the nut(as i found out later) i told them that. WHAT U THINK....46 quid...lost my future business thats all i can say.