Xantia boot door microswitch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alex Sh

Xantia boot door microswitch

Post by Alex Sh »

Hi to all members.
The problem is that boot lights have started to light intermittently and i can't find where microswitch is situated. I've seen at another Xantia that it is switching off when the boot door is half way and there is no switch visible.
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

Fascinating. Having just spent five minutes peering at mine (a bit like getting into the fridge to see if the light goes off), I find that my boot light goes on and off when the tailgate's about a foot open.
So if there's a microswitch it's got to be in one of two places. Either it's a gravity switch (like a mercury switch) mounted inside the tailgate, or more probably it's a normal microswitch inside the roof lining. Either way, it sounds like a lot of trouble to fix. Any chance you can just live with the problem?
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

There is a mercury switch inside the tailgate. Just unclip the trim and it is then in plain view.
Alex Sh

Post by Alex Sh »

Thank you a lot,i've found that mercury switch cleaned it and it's works fine now [:)]
Another problem i have with door opening lights.It never lights on when doors opened .Do you have any suggestion? I checked all wires running from lights and all seems ok. It does light when switch on manually and also when central door lock opens.
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

This is often just caused by gunky switches on the doors - panel wax and grease off the hinges can get everywhere, and it spoils the contacts. Have you tried flicking them to make sure that they're operating freely? And are all four doors misbehaving in the same way?
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

No idea on that one I'm afraid...except are the door switches clean? I beleive they also run through a timer module to keep them on for a few seconds after the door is shut.
If you find out please let me know coz mine don't work either (being honest, I haven't had time to look for the cause yet so it might not be too much of a problem).
Alex Sh

Post by Alex Sh »

Yes it the same with 4 doors and the contacts are ok. I've looked at electrical scheme of Xantia and i see that all 4 switches are at the same circuit and the wire goes from it to something called door locking control unit.I think that i have to find where it is situated and check here.May somebody can check at Hayenes,is it mentioned there?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Certainly on Bx's the door warning lights are operated from the central locking circuit rather than the interior lights.
Jeremy