1.9 TD ZX (1993) Rear wind screen washer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PDS
Location: Hull.East Riding of Yorkshire.England 1980 CX500ZABs
My Cars:

1.9 TD ZX (1993) Rear wind screen washer

Post by PDS »

Last job to do fixing the old ZX is the rear screen washer is not working.I'm not sure of the right hand steering wheel controls as well.

1st twist and the rear wiper works,spring twist forward I would have thought was the washer but no liquid or motor noise?

Also what is the button on the end of the right hand control for?

Any help appreciated.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I think the button is just a fake , to make it appear the same design as the other side (horn)

The operation is as you describe though (first twist = on (probably intermittent on some models) second spring twist = wash)

Best option (I think these are like the 306 and share the same pump) test light on the pump connection and see if its actually getting power. If it is a shared pump does the front washer work ?

If its a separate pump it will probably be in the boot.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
PDS
Location: Hull.East Riding of Yorkshire.England 1980 CX500ZABs
My Cars:

Post by PDS »

spider wrote:I think the button is just a fake , to make it appear the same design as the other side (horn)

The operation is as you describe though (first twist = on (probably intermittent on some models) second spring twist = wash)

Best option (I think these are like the 306 and share the same pump) test light on the pump connection and see if its actually getting power. If it is a shared pump does the front washer work ?

If its a separate pump it will probably be in the boot.
Thanks.Will check.The front washers work perfectly.