Antipollution Fault / Catalytic Converter Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

abertawe
My Cars:

Antipollution Fault / Catalytic Converter Fault

Post by abertawe »

I've got a C5 exclusive 3.0 V6 petrol 2002, this morning going to work the computer flashed up Antipollution Fault. Then the engine management light came on as well as the service light, and if thing aren't bad enough the computer also displayed Catalytic Converter Fault. The power in fine i could still get to 50mph, but the car would shudder. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be, i've got it booked in the auto electricians Thursday to go on there computer.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I'd put money on it being an ignition coil or two, really common on the V6. If you continue driving it like this it will damage the catalytic convertors (there are 3 on the V6) & they aint cheap.
The 3 coils on the front bank are very easy to change, the back 3 are a little more involved.
Might be worth getting all of them changed at the same time & keeping the old ones as spares as they tend to start failing right after one and other.
abertawe
My Cars:

Post by abertawe »

Hi Wheeler.

How much are the ignition coils, and where would the best place to get them from?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The coils are £31.59 inc VAT from citroen so use that as a guide, you will get them cheaper if you shop around, try unipart or GSF.
It's always a good idea to change the spark plugs aswell unless they have been changed recently.