C5 2001 temperature display

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Hi Guys, new here so bear with me.

just bought a C5 SX 2.2 hdi extate, and have a couple of small problems.

1 the temperature display (outside temp) is showing about 20 degrees higher than it should, question, can this be adjusted (if so how?) or does the sensor require replacement? (if so where is it?)

2 the rear tailgate is suposed to have a liftable glass? but does not seem to work, there is a micro switch under near the wippers and it clicks when you press it but nothing happens, any ideas?

thank in advance

pete
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
2008 C5 2lt hdi Tourer (estate)
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Both are well known problems within the C5 community - to which, by the way, welcome.

The temperature problem is almost certainly the sensor which is the little nipple underneath the passenger dooe mirror. It is just possible that the connector has a poor connection and needs undoing and redoing but that's really just whistling in the wind. There are instructions for how to replace it here; do a search for C5 door mirror glass as this has to be removed to change the sensor.

As an outside possibility check that the display isn't set for Fahrenheit rather thean Celsius. On the small display hold down the left button until you get the options blinking. Repeatedly press the left button until you get to Temperature and if it's wrong, change it with the right button.

the tailgate will be either the microswitch or a fault in the lines printed on the glass. Again, do a search for C5 tailgate, and you should find the answer.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
pete-c5
My Cars:

Post by pete-c5 »

Thanks for the info, yes l did check the "F" or "C" setting, any way have found the sensor and now just have to find out how to get the glass out, no luck with any searches, its the motorised/heated mirror, so if its lible to break getting it out i`ll manage with the display wrong as l know mirror glasses are expensive. as far as the tailgate is concerned, l see were your coming from with the printed glass but how do l find out if that is the problem if l cant open it, to get at it??

regards

pete

ps, thanks for the welcome, great site, have spent hours reading the posts, l had a xantia before and this site would have answered a lot of problems for me.
l love Citroens
2001 C5 2.2hdi sx Estate
2008 C5 2lt hdi Tourer (estate)
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Um, it wasn't a simple thing to search for after all. Anyway found this for taking off the door mirror glass (I've only done my Xsara which is slightly different):from http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=26291
The temperature sender can be changed. You'll need to remove the mirror which has a spring ring holding it in place. Reach it from the outside bottom corner
A new sender is £12 I'm told. If you need to take the door mirror off to change the wires completely (rather than solder them inside the door mirror) you need to take the door lining off, which is a mixture of screws and plastic poppers.

For the tailgate:-

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... t=tailgate

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... t=tailgate
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​