C3 Rear parking sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BigBarney

C3 Rear parking sensors

Post by BigBarney »

I am going to be fitting rear parking sensors to my 05 Reg C3.

I don't know whether I will need to remove the rear bumper or not but if I do need to remove it, any pointers on how to go about it?
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

If it's similar to the C5, there's no need to remove the bumper - the space behind the bumper can be accessed from underneath the car and from within the boot once the trim is removed.
However you do the job, though, you'll need a decent view of what lies behind the 'cosmetic' bumper, so that you can cut the holes to avoid the strengthening webs.
BigBarney

Post by BigBarney »

Thanks for your response.
I managed to do the job today (Friday)
As you said, I did not have to remove the bumper and I managed to avoid the webs behind it too!
My main problems were finding a route from behind the bumper up into the 'boot'. I eventually used a draw wire to pull the sensor cables up through a sealing grommet on the nearside, just behind the light cluster.
I then had to identify the correct wire in the loom for the reversing light using a voltmeter.
The correct wire is the yellow one.

All I have to do now is find a good place to install the control unit.......at the moment is is just lying in the boot!

System works OK though.