Tyre fitting surprise !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Tyre fitting surprise !!

Post by HDI »

Just bought some new Marangoni Verso's from Mytyres and went to have them fitted at a local tyre place.
Bloke didn't mention that he couldn't balance the wheels due to the solid centres on the HDI's wheels until he'd removed the old tyres !! I obviously expressed my concern at this but he said there was a good chance they would be fine !!
Guess what , they are !! Well, upto 90 MPH they are and as I rarely exceed 80 in the Xantia thats ok by me !!
Also meant I only paid £5 per tyre for fitting !! Result !!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

If you do ever need them balancing don't go to kwikfit they have'nt a clue.Took mine twice then took them to ATS and they did a great job.
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Never have , never will use Kwik Fit. There is a good local place who know their stuff , they just don't fit tyres unless you buy from them.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The Black Circles website will list local paces that are able to balance centreless wheels. They make a statement that they are unable to balance certain Peugeot/Citroen wheels if they can't.

Best always to ask any potential fitter first and if said fitter looks blank go elseware quick...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

This can be a real pain - my current and previous Xantias (both Exclusives) were centreless as is the wifes Xsara. Having the kit, and being prepared to admit they do is one thing, being able to do a good job is another. Usually avoid Kwik-fit but I have to say the Doncaster branch did a great job a few years ago. Now I've found a back street guy a couple of miles from home who does a good job if you are prepared to listen to him grumbling about it for the duration.