clutch and cambelt change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Candy,

This write-up might help a bit for replacing the clutch.... My first time in a 1.9TD. They get easier!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
candy
My Cars:

Post by candy »

thanks jim wish i had seen that earlier

didnt get into work until 10.30am as was waiting for our manual clutch cable to be deliverd to GSF and guess what it was the wrong one they argued that it was right for the year of car ..how can it be when it didnt have a manual adjuster on the end .....
Had everything around the gearbox disconected and ready to come out by 2pm boss came in and gave us a hand at 5 pm gearbox still wasnt out what a b****** the clutch arm was to get off took 3 of us 3 hrs (it had siezed solid) when we finaly got it off ....there was no oil on the clutch as we thought it was just knackered had actually worn down to the rivets it has done 139000 miles
release bearing was also very worn and loose got everything replaced and new bushes on the release bearing fork ..went to put the box back on and cant do it we finally gave up at 9pm car is on the ramp gearbox on floor .. now got to go in tomorrow and try again

but on the plus side i did manage to replace my discs not my pads though as again GSF supplied the wrong ones they are bigger than the ones already on there ... looks like GSF and me will be having serous words tomorrow pity i couldnt charge them for wasted time
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r124 ... %20xantia/

Teresa
1996 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TDLX silver
2004 Honda cg125 red
candy
My Cars:

Post by candy »

:bd: :bd: we did it we actually did it and only took 24 hrs lol but very enjoyable now ready for a few beers

Teresa
2004 Honda cg125 red
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Candy :D

24 hours is good going. I'd always say 2 working days, one to remove and the other to replace.

Did you do the timing belt and water pump or is that a job for later?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
candy
My Cars:

Post by candy »

CitroJim wrote:Excellent Candy :D

24 hours is good going. I'd always say 2 working days, one to remove and the other to replace.

Did you do the timing belt and water pump or is that a job for later?
no jim we didnt do cambelt that can definately wait .... the car is running fantastic now .. only thing is we have a plug left over cant seem to find where it goes b/f took the plugs off and said they all attached somewhere ...... its a single wire with a small blue plug it comes out of the main body of the loom that runs just behind the fuel filter i will put a pic on later when the airbox comes off

Teresa
2004 Honda cg125 red