2 stroke oil in diesel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Peter.N. wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I can't see it doing any harm, after all, our dads used to swear by a shot of RedeX back in the olden days. Remember the old red dispensers of RedeX - one shot to a gallon of petrol...
What do you mean - our dads? I used to use that :D
Me too, although I did learn the trick from my dad :)
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Don't see the need for it when Xantias are clocking up huge mileage as is.

Yes it is a great lube but you have the Bio in the fuel now so why spend more money and add another thing to your shopping list...it's expensive too.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

stevenlizuk wrote: The object is to add something that counters the lack of lubrication from the removal of the sulphur and the addition of the bio.

Thoughts?
As I understand it, the loss of natural lubricity in ultra-low sulphur diesel (ULSD) as a result of sulphur removal, has been replaced by an additive that gives the same level of lubricity. This was necessary as some pumps did show abnormal wear when ULSD was first introduced. Modern diesel is a lot less oily than the old stuff, that is for sure but pumps seem to be OK on it.

Pumps seem to me to wear more when running veg. oil so perhaps a dash of two-stroke in with each fill of veg might be no bad idea at all.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have heard of pumps suffering because of low sulphur fuel but I have not had any trouble with mine, but they are Bosch mechanical. Most of them have done 200,000 miles or more and are still running fine.

Peter