C3 Tyre Pressures

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

angrymutant
My Cars:

C3 Tyre Pressures

Post by angrymutant »

Greetings all, new member and first time poster here - apologies if I'm trading on toes or disregarding protocols, but I will learn!

Quick question: in the absence of the sticker on the passenger door of my 2004 C3 Desire, can anyone please help by telling me the correct tyre pressures?

Thanks in advance.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)

It might be in your handbook? Though it should have been on a sticker in your drivers door.

If you stick your reg number into the kwikfit website, it tells you what pressures you need. Make sure you check that it gives your tyre size. I usually find they are correct.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
angrymutant
My Cars:

Post by angrymutant »

Ah, but that it were so simple...

Handbook makes repeated mention of the necessity to maintain the correct tyre pressures, but never gets to tell me what those pressures are. It does say that the pressures are on a label on the door pillsr - but it ain't there...

Thanks for the tip re the KwikFit site. After being well and truly done over by them many years ago, they are the last place I'd trade with, but I'm not averse to using their information for free. However, it gives pressures for 185/65 15 tyres - my car has 165/70 14 inch ones. :(

Having a look at Michelin's site, I got pressures (for the correct tyre size) of 30 psi front and 33 psi rear for normal running, so I'm trying them at that. Feels ok so far.

Thanks for your help.