Anti Pollution and radiator fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

D.Slatford
My Cars:

Anti Pollution and radiator fan

Post by D.Slatford »

Greetings all,

My 2.2HDi C5's coughed up the dreaded anti pollution fault again this morning.

I know this is a generic "something is out of whack" message, but I have another clue to aid diagnosing without a Lexia. The radiator fan comes on now straight away even from cold, I'm pretty sure that ain't right! Has anyone come across these two symptoms together before?

I have a hunch that parity may be lost across two temperature probes, but I don't know where to begin looking. Anyone have any clues? Dash dials all give correct readings.

It doesn't seem to be in limp-home mode like last time (when it had a new fuel pressure sensor a couple of years ago) but the mpg has been rather low lately, approaching mid-30s, whereas it used to be low 40s to/from work. Perhaps also a clue that something's been gradually slipping out of spec?
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I'd agree that one of your temp sensors is either gone or nearly on its way out, confusing the ECU and making it possibly enrichen the fuel more as it thinks the engine is colder than it should be. Also may be killing off your glowplugs more quickly as well now.

Strange that it kicks the fan in unless it has gone the other way and is thinking the engine is hotter and thus trying to cool it down and keeping the engine too cool.
shanks
My Cars:

rad/fan and anti pollution

Post by shanks »

hi i have c5 16 hdi 05 plate.anti pollution on and fan comes on all time even if i go around the corner just a mile or 2 engine not worm . so i got diagnostics and he told me there was 12 faults because of one major fault code p0113 faulty i.a.t intake air temp senser .and p0104 mass air flow senser.he reset codes and 10 faults went just 2 left ie p0113 p0104 fan is now ok and he told me it would cost about £70 to fix intake senser and air flow senser but car will drive fine and not to worry.also e.c.u light has gone out also adviced to replace battery. hope this helps regards shanks...