STOP light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zilspeed
My Cars:

STOP light

Post by zilspeed »

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

The car is a 2001 Synergie 2.0 HDI
It uses no water or oil and there is plenty of brake fluid, oil, power steering fluid and coolant in it.

When I turn the ignition, the airbag, parking brake, generator and oil lights come on exactly as they should along with the oil level guage. The glow plug circuit lights for at most 2 seconds, usually much less.

The engine starts first time every time.

(I'm making it sound as if I have nothing to complain about here.)

The only other light which comes on is the big flashinh STOP light in the centre of the instrument binnacle.

Fire up the engine and every light goes out apart from the STOP light which keeps flashing.
All the real signs from the engine, brakes, generating and steering all indicate that there isn't an issue, but still the STOP light tells me that we're all going to die in a ball of flames.

Any ideas, anyone ?
Other than this, it's going like a train.
Cheers
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you post your location, or add it to your profile, you might find someone with a Lexia to read the fault codes.
zilspeed
My Cars:

Post by zilspeed »

Thanks very much - advice taken.

On the subject of diagnostices, would I be able to use a generic fault code reader ?

(I have a full version of VAG COM for VAG group cars and that has been invaluable.)

Having found the OBD port and installed OBDscope on my phone, I'm tempted to get a bluetooth OBD interface and use that.
Like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-BLUETOOT ... 414cb00eb7

Hopefully, that would talk to the Synergie.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I believe the pre-2004 diesels fitted to PSA vehicles (Citroen/Peugeot) are not OBDII compatible so that reader is unlikely to work.

All pre-OBD Citroen vehicles can only be read using a Citroen Lexia or one of the after-market tools that is strictly compliant (such as the Sykes ACR4).

Don't believe anyone if they say the OBDII readers will work on your car unless they prove it to you in a practical demonstration.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
zilspeed
My Cars:

Post by zilspeed »

Cheers Jim

Advice appreciated.
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Check all the doors and boot are shut properly, possibly the bonnet too.

It will flash if not.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
zilspeed
My Cars:

Post by zilspeed »

Toby_HDi wrote:Check all the doors and boot are shut properly, possibly the bonnet too.

It will flash if not.
They're all shut well enough for all the interior lights to go out when I close the driver's door.

Just found a thread on a Peugeot Forum where someone with an 806 HDI had the same issue. Cleaning a connecor located above the fuel filter did the trick. Just need to find the fuel filter first...