berlingo head gasket

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chris26

berlingo head gasket

Post by chris26 »

hi i have a berlingo 2ltr 600 hdi. over the last couple of days i have started to loose a lot of coolant (within miniutes of starting up the van). there is a hissing noise coming from the coolant tub i have replaced the cap but it hasnt stopted. 2day i noticed there was an oil leek coming from under the engine. i have checked the coolant for oil but nothing just coolant
pk7478
My Cars:

Re: berlingo head gasket

Post by pk7478 »

chris26 wrote:hi i have a berlingo 2ltr 600 hdi. over the last couple of days i have started to loose a lot of coolant (within miniutes of starting up the van). there is a hissing noise coming from the coolant tub i have replaced the cap but it hasnt stopted. 2day i noticed there was an oil leek coming from under the engine. i have checked the coolant for oil but nothing just coolant
Please, take out an oil probe and see the colour of oil.
chris26

Post by chris26 »

checked the colour of oil it was dark. i also drained some oil from the sump it was dark and thick. i put k-seal 2day in coolant tank and it isnt in the oil but some how its all over the top of the engine(glitter from k-seal). i dont know if its escaped from the coolant cap or wot but im thinking if its not in the oil its not the head gasket right??????
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

chris26 wrote:im thinking if its not in the oil its not the head gasket right??????
No, the water could go into the cylinder, or out into the engine bay, doesn't have to go into an oil gallery.

But could it not just be a hole in a coolant pipe near the header tank?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Sounds like the head gasket to me.