ZX sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MiX
My Cars:

ZX sunroof

Post by MiX »

My sunroof has gone haywire.[V] Stopping when it shouldn't and so on. When pushing the button, at some point I hear a plastic "slipping"/"breaking" noise (if anybody understood that[?]). I removed the electric motor. And what I se is red plastic disc with "tooths" and som electric sensors. This disc rotates when the motor turns. I guess this if for ceeping track of the position of the sunroof, and that it has slipped out of position. My question is: How can I tell whick position is the correct one?? Anybody have a diagram for this?
--Jarle
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Does the sunroof mechanism have a means to disengage the normal electric drive and operate it manually with an allen key? Some Citroen models do (BX). If so, then you'll be able to find out whether the problem is a mechanical one or an electrical/sensor one. It can also be used to "exercise" the sunroof mechanism if it hasn't been used recently and to overcome any "sticky" spots if the seals are clinging - the sunroof motors won't overcome these easily and will complain.
David
MiX
My Cars:

Post by MiX »

Yes it's possible to use an allen key to open the sunroof. I've opened and closed it several times. Seems to work fine. No real hard spots, but I can see that the wire/chain(whatever?[:)]) is very dirty. Anybody know of a efficient method to clean this?
As I said before, I really think the electric sensor is to blame. Because the sunroof will suddenly stop. And it doesn't sound like the sunroof motor is complaining. Just suddenly stops, i.e. no power.
-Jarle
AthlonZX
My Cars:

Post by AthlonZX »

It may be possible that the switch unit itself is the cause of the problem. I've had this on my electric windows...where they stoppped during their travel for no apparant reason, it turned out to be the switches themselves breaking down inside.
I Could be off the mark, but if you've tried everything else, I recommend trying to get one from a breakers [:)], and giving that a go.
Cheers
AthlonZX (David C) Citroen ZX Aura Turbo 1993
114919 [;)] miles