Some advice please breaking Xantia 1.9d

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Some advice please breaking Xantia 1.9d

Post by admiral51 »

Hi all
Have just been informed that my 1.9d is going to the crusher on monday and i need to get bits off it ASAP :twisted:

My main problem is that where it is stored there is no internet access so will need to do things from memory.
Can anyone point me in the direction of topics/posts that help describe the removal process for the following
1. Rear trailing arms (hatch)
2.Pressure regulator
3.Strut tops poss inc strut

Sorry to ask for things in a hurry but the crusher date has been brought forward and i had planned to dismantle next weekend looks like im going to be busy tomorrow :evil: :evil: atleast i have a couple of pairs of aditional hands to help :sprint:

Cheers in advance

Colin
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Admiral

Strut tops WITH STRUTS the easyest option..

Wheel off, undo the 16mm nut on the pinch bolt holding the hub to the bottom of the strut, push or tap the bolt through, take strut return pipe off.. Cut off drop link!!

Under bonnet, take sphere off, take 3.5mm feed pipe off, remove 4 13mm nuts, bash hub off strut bottom, remove whole strut and strut top in one!!

Pressure regulator is attached by two 11mm bolts - after removing the assosiated pipes around it.. and theres a 3rd nut on the end..

Trailing arms a lot more involved, hardest part is getting the R clip out the end of the strut.. If this comes out then its quite easy..

Cut the calliper feed pipe . undo the two trox bolts holding the anti roll car to the arm, under the car..
Then with a 21 (or 22mm, thought could be 23 not certain) you'll need two - one for the nut under the car, the onther for the bolt head.. undo the massive bolt.. remove it, juggle the arm out..!

Is it not worth rescuing the height corrector assey, and lever assey, and anti roll bar clamp?

GOOD LUCK!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Paul 8-) 8-)

I do intend to remove and keep the height corrector etc its just that i sort of remember reading how to get those off,just really needed some basic "How to do" steps for the above as my printer is bust and im better with short destruction lists :lol:
If things go according to plan i also intend to remove the following

HP/alternator/air con compressor/starting motor/internal fan/alarm box and reciever/A/C condensor/headlights and anything else that falls apart :)

Oh nearly forgot the intact undertray/washer bottle etc.......

Cheers

Colin
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Under tray! Nah, leave that behind! It only encourages rust on the subframe underside!

Well, that above is how to do them - the struts are rather fresh, Ive changed XM and Xantia ones lately.

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Colin, for the trailing arms and stuff, simply drop off the whole rear subframe. Four bolts and chop through the pipes.

Easy. Lower it on two jacks and two people can carry it away.

You will then have the complete rear suspension and can work on it at leisure!!

Crack off the rear spheres first whilst you can still raise hydraulic pressure. They're a :twisted: to remove if you don't.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks for the advice gentlemen been a busy day :lol: :lol:

Managed to get both rear trailing arms,HP pump and the alternator out.Pressure regulator is pretty much free along with both struts and tops although i ran out of time and daylight :twisted:

Also managed to remove the alarm box and reciever and the internal blower :)

Bottled out on the A/C compressor not sure on how best to release the refrigerant :wink:

Would have had time to have removed more but spent an hour and a half chasing up some big torx bits (i only have a set that will do the interior stuff :oops: :oops: )
Looks like tomorrow is out for salvaging more bits but may have managed to stave off the crushing date till late next week so fingers crossed :drink:

Cheers

Colin