C5 import

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vision

C5 import

Post by vision »

Hello all, A friend has imported a C5 2.2HDi year 2002 and needs information regarding converting the speedometer to read MPH instead of KPH for the MOT. Also we think complete new headlamps are needed. Any info would be welcome. Thank you.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I have done this for someone also on a mk1 C5, the instrument panel needs to be replaced with a MPH one, you do not need to replace the BSI or alter any of its settings.
With regards to the headlights, the car concerned had xenon headlights, I contacted Citroen UK about this & was told by them that xenon lights had had a straight beam pattern & were the same for both LHD & RHD so no change needed, a check on an MOT headlamp beam setter disproved this & clearly showed the beam 'kicked up' & would not pass an MOT. There are also different part numbers for both LHD & RHD.
As new xenon headlamps are around £700 each normal halogen ones were fitted instead. The halogen lamps fit straight in but you need to reprogram the BSI & suspension ECU with a Lexia to get them to work properly.
Hope this helps.
vision

Post by vision »

Thanks wheeler. Citroen dealers have said new headlamps needed. Not sure if they are halogen or xenon yet as i havn't seen car.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

They will be Halogen lights then.

i would get some from a scrap yard as they shouldn't cost more than £100 for a set.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

KP wrote:They will be Halogen lights then.
How do you know they will be halogen ?
vision

Post by vision »

Just going back to the headlamp swap problem. I have been told that they are xenon headlamps. I have not seen the car myself yet,
"The halogen lamps fit straight in but you need to reprogram the BSI & suspension ECU with a Lexia to get them to work properly"
Will the halogen replace them?
Thanks again.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Yes you can deffo swap xenons to halogen lamps, thats what i did. They wont work right though till you reprogram the BSI & suspension ECU (BHI).