XUD11ATE vs XUD11BTE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hmmmm Ive a 1996 N reg, 2.1 Td Auto, no air con, but with 6+2 Pump on it and no PAS Flow divider!! oh and Bosch mechanical injection with Alloy manifold!!!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi Paul

ORGA numbers for the individual cars could be important here.
As we found a good while ago with 2.5 XM's in particular storage prior to registration could anything up to 2 years from build date.
Reliance on model and reg letter to identify spares can cause problems even with the 2.5 and that had far fewer production changes than the 2.1 XM.
If I find anymore I will edit in to keep in one place.

John
Xmexclusive
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

andmcit wrote:Basically, you bought the wrong car; go out and buy a 2.1TD instead
I would have if I didn't want the active anti roll, but I do want it
andmcit wrote:Please leave the Activa alone, there just aren't enough of them in s2 guise
to fanny about with. You'll barely use the ARCS with an oil burner plugged
in and have you checked out the insurance implications?
What you don't seem to realise is that they can be put up to similar hp to the TC engine quite easily. It won't be staying as 110hp. So I don't understand how I won't use the anti roll system.

I tried a quote online for insurance but I need to call them it seems before I get any quotes off most insurers.
andmcit wrote:I've got a dead TCT in a s1 Activa and have seriously considered an
alternate engine but it's a significant undertaking for little genuine real
payback - all I saw was negatives.

I can see a very desirable rare car abandoned and sold as spares as a final
outcome here TBH.

Andrew
Unfortunatly Andrew, while they are desirable cars, no-one wants them for a decent price, I'm fairly sure Gareth probably got back less than he spent on his. I'm probably right in saying the reason people don't want them is because of 1 - not understanding the system/being scared of it breaking, and 2 - because of the MPG. I know that my dad would have one if the MPG wasn't so bad. So if we can do a 2.1TD swap, up the power similar to a CT engine, the only thing we've lost is a quiet idle, but to be honest I like the clattery XUD engine note. It's what my first car had so I've become used to it and actually like it, if that makes any sense to anyone.... (probably not)
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

but to be honest I like the clattery XUD engine note. It's what my first car had so I've become used to it and actually like it, if that makes any sense to anyone.
Your not alone Dommo, seems there are many here who love the sound of tractors ;)

*runs & hides* :sprint:
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Dommo wrote:
Unfortunatly Andrew, while they are desirable cars, no-one wants them for a decent price, I'm fairly sure Gareth probably got back less than he spent on his. I'm probably right in saying the reason people don't want them is because of 1 - not understanding the system/being scared of it breaking, and 2 - because of the MPG.
You never get back what you spend on a car. But i reckon i got a fair price for it. I needed it gone quick, and it went, quick!

You make a fair point about a couple of the reasons why people would be put off buying an Activa. Yes they are complex and need regular care, and some knowledge. Fortunately with this forum, you can be sure that if you had a problem, it would be easy to solve.

The second point is a personal one. If you dont drive a car everyday, the mpg become less of a priority. If you a student on a tight budget, forget it as an every day driver! But if you use it occasionally and on weekends, it makes much more sense.

You can make a car how you want, but thenyou take away its originality and with so few left, its not a wise idea. Its why i didnt go too far with mine. I wanted to do more, but i've done this in the past and taken away its desirability.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good points well made Gareth...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

XantiaMan wrote:
The second point is a personal one. If you dont drive a car everyday, the mpg become less of a priority. If you a student on a tight budget, forget it as an every day driver! But if you use it occasionally and on weekends, it makes much more sense.

You can make a car how you want, but thenyou take away its originality and with so few left, its not a wise idea. Its why i didnt go too far with mine. I wanted to do more, but i've done this in the past and taken away its desirability.
Your spot on!

I found this with my V6 Xantia, I was all prepared to LPG her, but found that used at weekends only it worked out quite well!

I used my SX TD Xantia, weekdays for my 250 a week to work and back, and V6 at weekends for releif.. Worked well..

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Somebody was building a 2.1TD Activa - there was a long thread about it, but it was probably back in the days of Andyspares forum. He seemed to have a lot of trouble with parts supply (I can't remember why, I'd have though most non-activa parts would be standard to the 2.1TD engine...) - but the real killer was the insurance - quotes of the order of £3k, and engineer's report were being bandied about. Mind you, his insurance history was not exactly brilliant IIRC...something about driving without.
Richard W
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hmmm engineers reports can be costly, also you need to remember when fitting an engine not officially sold in a particular trim, you are creating a Hybrid and you have to declare changes because if you insure the car with its "Original" engine spec and its different, in the event of an accident insurance will wash you away CLEAN!

Paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

On that basis it's not worth the hassle :cry:

Looks like my spare V6 engine will remain just that then, spare :roll:

Big second thoughts of transplanting it into Project Activa but then again the CT it has is such a sweetie....

Paul, agree with your comments about your V6. Except I run mine as a daily driver and the Activa is the weekend car...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

I just cannot justyfy it! I do too many miles to work every day..

paul

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Very valid points actually, in my earlier comments id not really thought of it as losing a desirable car, as it would still be there and usable, but just in a different form. Though it wouldnt be original.

In my opinion petrols are more fun to drive, i drive a diesel for its economy and its lazyness, which suits my 70mile commute. Saying that, i wouldnt want to put so many miles on an Activa either, would seem a shame. My C5 is a throw away car, if anything happens to it i can replace it very easily, not so with an Activa. So id rather have one as a second car.

Insurance costs i bet are going to be huge, will be intersting to know how you get on with that.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10