xantia door height adjustment tool?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

xantia door height adjustment tool?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, I have just fitted a replacement drivers door to my 1998 citroen xantia
it would seem that it requires some adjustment.
I have tried adjusting the catch attached to the door pillar but all this seems to do is raise or lower the door and knocks the catch out of allignment so the door hits it aukwardly.

does anyone know if there is such thing as a hinge adjustment tool available for the xantia please so the hinges can be bent/adjusted?

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If it needs raising, put a jack underneath nearer the free end with a large piece of wood so that it doesnt damage the door.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Doors and hinges are fixed on Xantias!

The only adjustment is when the rust breaks the top hinge and the door drops...

So its either been previously welded incorectly before.. there is no other adjustment!

Top hinges breaking are becoming a very common problem..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

The latch bars on the chassis can be adjusted, just slacken it's bolts (torx I think) and mov it into position so the latch meets i properly.
One of my replaced doors needed the latch bar to be shimmed to push it out from the body for a proper fit.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Xac, sounds like youve hi the nail on the head shim the latch.

I'll give it a go cheers Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Xac, sounds like youve hi the nail on the head shim the latch.

I'll give it a go cheers Nigel.
Careful as you remove the torx bolts, they go into a plate in the car and if it drops it's gone, so slacken one,remove the other and add a washer, then refit the removed bolt slack, and repeat for the other one.

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

xac, thanks for that I gather threy are all welded to the same plate and not individual then?

cheers Nigel.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:xac, thanks for that I gather threy are all welded to the same plate and not individual then?

cheers Nigel.
Not sure what you mean.

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

Xac, thanks for that tip, it was the catch.

I used some washers to begin with and their outer diameter was to small and they sunk into the large square adjustment holes behind the catch then I found some Xantia seat bolt washers big enough to span the large square holes.

the door doesnt hit the catch awkwardly now as it closes, fair enough it drops a tiny amount as the door opens but it closes much better than before where it previously slammed into the side of the catch making a metalic clunking sound.

thank you Xac.

regards Nigel.