C5 windows problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

candy1567

C5 windows problem

Post by candy1567 »

Hi

Hav a 2002 C5 2.0 hpi petrol car, which has an intermitant fault with the windows.

It has happened twice, bout 3 months apart, after locking the car using the fob key all 4 windows open bout 2 inches. I close all 4 windows and the car and windows work fine.

I dont know how long after locking the car this happens as i only notice it wen i come to use the car the next morning. The windows work perfectly fine, are responsive to the switches etc, and it is not known wen this will happen.

Both occasions i was lucky enough to be outside my house parked up bout 10pm car was fine, then noticed at 7am next day windows where down each windows was down exactly the same length bout 2 inches, but am now worried incase it happens elsewhere.

citroen say it is not a known fault and charged me £70 to diagnose this fault, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the windows but to bring it back wen the fault occurs, which am not sure i can do that as once closed the car works fine.

thanks in advance

Juliex
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

you should have a small second button on your remote that when pressed, opens the windows about 2 inches, could it be you are accidentally pressing it as you lock the car ?, or pressing it in your pocket ?

Its more likely to be a key fob fault rather than a car fault which is why the dealer couldnt find anything wrong
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

This is a function on your key, the little button on the C5s key makes the windows go up, down a few inches or down a bit more, depending on how many times its pressed.

Sometimes these little buttons can get stuck into the key, meaning the button is pressed. Could it be possible that this is whats happening with yours? If the button gets stuck in the slightest knock can cause the windows to move.

If not, then it sounds like some kind of problem with this function. Though if it doesnt have any codes stored in its system then it might be key related.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
candy1567

Post by candy1567 »

OMG thankyou for ur speedy replies

i never knew wat that little button was for, but now wen u come to think of it yeah i think u are both right that i must be pressing it by accident especially as it has happened at night.

cheers, you hav cured my headache!!!!

Juliex
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Looks like i was beaten to it slightly :lol:

No problem, at least you know what is the cause now. You will have to be careful with your key :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

:) I win the fastest typing contest then :)

the only reason i know about the window problem you described, is that i had exactly the same problem 2 years ago when i bought my C5 !!